POST CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM

There is a growing number of individuals posting negative messages, and some explicit. The CFA is meant to stand for something more than just financial knowledge and acting to be ethical. The integrity of the certification starts from the ground up, and I am becoming more and more aware that it is not only young analysts but those in their late 20s and thirties that are saying disgusting things and some which provide no real purpose but to putdown others. I am in my early 20s and I commit to maintaining integrity and humility in the workplace. With that foundation, I can pile on financial concepts that will be utilized for market efficient purposes and not only for self-reward. I do not mean this as insulting but as a means to re-evaluate not only whether you know the Present Value Annuity formula or depreciating methods, but your inner-self in the workplace and in the global market.

Someone lacks a sense of humor.

^ +1. Anything posted on this forum should not be taken too seriously.

That’s just how this board is- we all make fun of each other. There is no malicious intent in most of the posts, we all just enjoy being clever. That said, you’ve joined at a time when most of us aren’t studying, as we just wrote the exam in June. We mostly just want to have fun and enjoy ourselves before we have to start studying again. You’ll find that in a month or so when the board is mostly December 09 writers, the board will be filled with questions based on exam material. These questions are taken seriously, and I’ve seen very well thought out and detailed responses- because we’re all serious about the curiculum and want to help each other. I feel that I have benefitted in my studies from this forum, and coming on and reading some of the funnier posts reduces the stress. These types of comments are always here and will not be going anywhere soon, so you just have to get used to them.

This is a response for all: Your justifications are warranted and I see no reason for humor on these sites, I agree 100%. But when the responses deviate into foul language (not necessarily profanity) and indecent language, then this site becomes a mockery of the certification and not just grounds for learning for those pursuing the degree. I have read things such as “testicles” and sexual comments about ppl and their way to let loose during study times. I am ashamed to have brought it up, but I wanted to voice my opinion, although I’m only a novice at all of this. Again ladies and gentlemen, i do not mean this as a put, simply trying to enrich some minds out there.

levitsa101 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I see no reason for humor on > these sites, … > simply trying to enrich some minds out there. So humor is bad, but being a condesending mofo is alright. If you don’t like the content - don’t use AF! Plain and simple

Superinconsistent are you sitting L1 or L2. Did I see somewhere you’re based in DUB?

It helps a lot of people to blow off steam here - hence most of the terrible comments are kept to General Disucssion - if you have an issue with this - LEAVE! Thousands of us aren’t going to change because you’re a little sensitive - I had to learn it the hard way and so will you!

soddy1979 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Superinconsistent are you sitting L1 or L2. Did I > see somewhere you’re based in DUB? Sitting L1 in December in London. Based in Dublin. Your good self?

In Dublin, sitting L2 in June 2010. Working in the IFSC. We have a little Dublin AF posse here now, with me, you and KarenC!

Yeah except two of us are going to London in December - odd one out :wink:

Well can I be part of the crew when your sitting L2 in June? Please. I have no friends.

hehehe yeah cant see me doing Level 2 in 3/4 months…Superinconsistent, thoughts?

No problem to you KC…who needs a social life or downtime when you have SS to read! All I have to do is get me a job in the IFSC now.

oh yeha forgot about that - get yourself over to the IFSC with us :wink: social life…don’t me laugh - bitterly! :slight_smile:

levitsa101 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > There is a growing number of individuals posting > negative messages, and some explicit. The CFA is > meant to stand for something more than just > financial knowledge and acting to be ethical. The > integrity of the certification starts from the > ground up, and I am becoming more and more aware > that it is not only young analysts but those in > their late 20s and thirties that are saying > disgusting things and some which provide no real > purpose but to putdown others. I am in my early > 20s and I commit to maintaining integrity and > humility in the workplace. With that foundation, I > can pile on financial concepts that will be > utilized for market efficient purposes and not > only for self-reward. I do not mean this as > insulting but as a means to re-evaluate not only > whether you know the Present Value Annuity formula > or depreciating methods, but your inner-self in > the workplace and in the global market. Agreed. Most people would not conduct themselves this way in person especially in a professional environment. In a perfect world, electronic communication would be no different.

bos_IT: You posted a very constructive comment on the “Unethical Employer” and you have done so on this posting as well. Thank you. I wish you the best of luck through all your endeavors in our dynamic field.

dublin…how are you going to study between your drinking schedule?

Study while drunk - works for me!