Post Exam Thoughts

It seems like the PM session was tough for most people.

It was more like 79/120.My score was probably something around 76-77 points and my line was touching MPS. This year was definitely harder. I think that I’m not going to be even a band 10 this time and from what I’m reading looks like I’m not the only one.

AM was easier, but I ran out of time because I was stubborn in terms of trying to calculate questions I was stuck on. I should’ve guessed and just moved on. I had to blind guess the last 3 or 4 questions and was very angry because I know I could’ve calculated them had I not run out of time. PM was slightly less difficult than CFAI mocks but still a challenge. I had to blind guess at least 12 questions on the PM portion. Overall, I don’t think scoring 60% will be a problem. However, 65% may not happen. I know for certain I missed 2 to 3 questions I should’ve answered correctly to avoid being borderline. Sucks because I worked really hard this year.

If this year’s exam in its totality (AM and PM combined) is harder than in previous years, they have to lower the MPS, otherwise the pass rate would be significantly lower. I think something like 70% score in AM session with a decent 64% score in PM will probably be a borderline pass, I guess?

I don’t know why but I keep thinking about the mistakes I have made, the questions I had to guess how I needed to guess so many questions on fi, although I had thought it was my strong suit, how I had to do the same for ai in the morning and derivatives in the afternoon. Waking up in the middle of the night, realizing I made another mistake and not being able to go back to sleep, the sheer thought of going through all this commitment and stress again. I don’t know why this matters too much, I’m not even that young, it’s not like this will impact my career a great deal, but I still keep thinking about, may be its setting yourself a goal and committing to it for all those months.

I would consider myself a little on the pessimistic side, but I keep playing scenarios in my mind, how would I pass this, what is the likelihood of at least 10-12 questions I had to guess would be right, the other mistakes I have missed, there’s so much. It feels like you when you go on the road for driving non stop and then park and stop the car but the fan keeps running for a while.

Just wanted to share my feelings here and relax a little. I feel bad I everytime I think about the mistakes or guesses or fi but still have a slight hope thinking what if I was lucky or blessed enough to make a few correct guesses or the logic worked in ethics.

Thanks for listening.

Right there with you. We do tend to think more about the questions we got wrong or could’ve answered correctly if we had more time. I think it’s warranted though because every questions counts. I bombed AI cause I ran out of time, and I would be lucky to get 50% on Derivatives and Port. Man. I’m hoping my Ethics, FRA, Equity, CF, FI, and Quant scores are all 66%+ to give myself a chance. Econ is either 50% or 66%. I think the thoughts will subside after a few weeks. Enjoy your summer.

I can’t stop thinking about all the questions and answers. All in my head poping up every 30 minutes or so… it’s really annoying.

I was taking 67%-75% in mocks, but now I’m very scared of not being able to reach the MPS… I feel crazy by now already…

If you were scoring that high, you should pass with ease. You can miss over 40 questions and still pass. I think it’s just nerves.

Yeah you can really in theory miss 45 questions and be right on the line, and then if you can get the ethics bump…

Felt decent after the AM. Didn’t crush it, but probably enough to pass. Thought I needed another good showing in the PM to be sure, and like you all mentioned, it was tough. Had a really good start on the PM, but then ran into trouble…

This year I’m especially unsure about the ethics part. Last year at Level 1, I was certain of my answers, but this year I felt like I knew nothing about ethics. I guessed nearly all of the questions. I hope it wasn’t like that for you.

Hmmm I thought ethics was fairly straightforward, except for one or two questions

I agree. Ethics was straight forward except for two, maybe 3, questions. What threw me off was my answer pattern; it made me think twice about whether my answers were correct. Crazy, I know…

Hi guys, same sensation here, expecting to be around 40 mistakes (hoping to be above the MPS). Third time taking it, and with less confidence than the last two years. What I can’t stand is that the CFAI takes 1.5 months to have it checked. For GOD sake, in this new / artificial and machine learning world, can’t they make their process more efficient??? It doesn’t make sense!!! :-1:

The MPS for Level 2 Exam last year was approximately 79/120 as per several exam scores I went through.

First time L2 taker here. This has honestly been the hardest I have ever studied for an exam (until L3 maybe).

Like everyone has said… the PM section was more time consuming but I actually felt more confident. There were at least 8 questions I had to guess in the AM, albeit finishing it with 1.5 hours on the clock.

Overall I thought the exam was fair and covers almost all the topics that was promised.

First time L2 taker and I thought the PM session was easier than the AM session. That said, I didn’t think the AM session was particularly difficult.

All in all, I feel the exam was easier than CFAI official mock exams, and a lot easier than Kaplan Schweser mocks.

i felt schweser was the easiest one in the three

It actually benefits you. If they just set the score beforehand, the MPS might actually be higher (or I guess they could just set it as 63% outright).

it was 2nd time for the level 2 exam. AM part was ok for me. My brain shut down in PM after answering about 20 questions. Had to guess a lot in PM. What threw me off most is the +/- % range…Portfolio management was the most confusing section for me.

The exam was easier than the Mocks but give the amount of stress I went through it seemed hard. My eye was twitching from all the studying a sleepless nights lol. I feel If I wrote the exam on another non-exam day I would have done much better!

left exam not feeling good…