Post-Exam Thoughts?

Hehe trust me, as more hours go by, I feel less and less confident about my answers :pensive:

2 Likes

Sorry but don’t worry I guess that’s completely normal! I bet your first feeling right after the exam is what matters… whatever you feel later isn’t true, it is just the exaggeration of your subconscious

2 Likes

Seriously?? That low!! I really don’t believe it, but I would like to believe it lol

Not to rain on your parade but “expect to be in top 10%” is a little presumptuous don’t you think? Especially bc L3 is quite different from 1&2 and the candidate pool is of much higher quality.

Secondly, also a bit presumptuous/politically wrong to say that “Asia and Africa” will weigh down the MPS. You really think people in China will weigh down the MPS?

As much as I would like to see the MPS coming down, these are simply not words you say out loud, especially in a public forum.

Best of luck with your top 10% scores.

1 Like

i also think people from non-english speaking countries will put down the MPS, level 3 exam is more about how fast you can read and write in english.

1 Like

First time out of all levels that I truly thought the actual exam was by far harder than any mock that I took.

The MPS should def be lower given the difficulty and lack of all the heavy hitting finance centers not being able to hold the exams due to COVID.

If the percentage of ppl that passed is the same or higher than last year, i’ll only have myself to blame if I fail. But if it’s something like 50%, you’ve got to wonder if CFAI made the exam especially difficult on purpose. Not gonna go into detail on why they’d wanna do that :wink:

1 Like

Does anyone have any clue about the result release date?

Agree 100%. I consider my preparation above average: more than 10 mocks done scoring 5.3+ in AM and 7-5+ in PM.
Yesterday I was shocked and disappointed with the level of difficulty. There was a vignette in the afternoon that the Kaplan videos said literally “this is not relevant, highly unlikely to be tested”, and…

I am glad that overall everyone has the same feeling.

I read that the results will be released on Feb 8th (Tuesday, as usual). I doubt for those that did not make it this time, can seat again in May; they will have to wait until November.

1 Like

I thought we could still take May exam. Isn’t it?

Yeah the CFA website says results will be released in time for May registration

I expect Asia and Africa will heavily put down the MPS

And why exactly do you expect people in Asia and Africa to bring the MPS down? Something wrong with the IQ of people living in these continents or something? This sentence is extremely offensive, let alone that it is total bullshit.

Everyone was talking about how the exam may be more difficult considering that candidates had more time to prepare… Perhaps the institute would like to keep a consistent pass rates across years, idk… but tbh, it was expected…

Feb 8? Are you talking about Level 2 or level 3? Usually level 3 is released later than L1&L2.

I dont think so, English native speakers have an advantage when taking an English exam.
It is needless to say that everyone can learn -and master English as a second language-, but it will never be the same.
Pd: A non-native speaker writing from an Asian country :slight_smile:

I get it from here, sorry, it says Feb 9th instead

https://soleadea.org/cfa-exam/results#:~:text=December%202020%20CFA%20exam%20results%20are%20expected%20on%2026%20January,more%20weeks%20for%20level%203.

1 Like

I think the problem with Asia and Africa is their English issue + the time pressure to manage. Not relating to IQ stuff

I am not sure which comment of mine you are replying to, but I think you are replying to the comment which was originally directed at gishena.

He did not mention anything about language being an obstacle, he just said Asia and Africa will being the MPS down.

As for your response - I beg to differ… I don’t think Native English speakers have an advantage per se… It is true that language proficiency level differs from one person to another… But I believe that the exam is written in plain English, that most people will comprehend it just fine.

Ps: I am a non native English speaker myself.

Thanks for the link… but I doubt it. I believe CFA L1 & L2 results will be released on 9th of Feb, and that we are two weeks after that. This is if we are going to follow the same historical trend. Idk is there anything different this year? Did L1 & L2 take CBT exams? In which case yes their results may be relseased earlier.

Well he did not mention the language! He just said Asia and Africa will bring the score down. Even then, i don’t believe that the language factor will “heavily” bring the MPS down. Most people speak English and understand it well enough to answer an exam written in plain English!

Well, are you sure you are not breaching any code of ethics by claiming your SUPERIOR performance in the exam?
I wonder how the CFAI would think if they read your comment claiming you are almost certain you passed the exam.

1 Like