POST score for those between Border of PASS/Fail

I consider myself very very lucky… Level 1: Pass The table below illustrates your subject matter strengths and weaknesses. The three columns on the right are marked with asterisks to indicate your performance on each question or topic area. Multiple Choice Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Alternative Investments 8 * - - - Corporate Finance 20 - * - - Derivatives 12 * - - - Economics 24 * - - - Equity Investments 24 - - * - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - * - - Financial Statement Analysis 48 - - * - Fixed Income Investments 28 - * - - Portfolio Management 12 - - * - Quantitative Methods 28 - * -

fsa saved you imho

yes, because i am a CPA… :slight_smile:

what? I can’t believe you passed? what has fsa got to do with this?

Really dunno how you can pass and I failed??? We both got 51-70% in ethics. It’s all marked by computer isn’t it? This is seriously unfair. How do we contest our results??? Level 1: Fail The table below illustrates your subject matter strengths and weaknesses. The three columns on the right are marked with asterisks to indicate your performance on each question or topic area. Multiple Choice Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Alternative Investments 8 - - * - Corporate Finance 20 - * - - Derivatives 12 - * - - Economics 24 * - - - Equity Investments 24 - - * - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - * - - Financial Statement Analysis 48 - * - - Fixed Income Investments 28 - * - - Portfolio Management 12 - - * - Quantitative Methods 28 - * -

woollycat, check out http://www.cfasuccess.com/cs/calculator/default.aspx, I think you got like 1% less than dual_bond… check this out as well http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?11,799548,page=8 abhisheksg result is similar to yours dual_bond is 1 lucky fella … dude have you scored 100% in your FSA ? nice going

Does that mean CFA institute will know whether you passed FSA and therefore be more lenient when marking your paper? yeah i put it on cfasuccess and i got like 148 something.

Level 1: Fail The table below illustrates your subject matter strengths and weaknesses. The three columns on the right are marked with asterisks to indicate your performance on each question or topic area. Multiple Choice Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Alternative Investments 8 * - - - Corporate Finance 20 - - * - Derivatives 12 * - - - Economics 24 - * - - Equity Investments 24 - * - - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - * - - Financial Statement Analysis 48 - - * - Fixed Income Investments 28 * - - - Portfolio Management 12 - - * - Quantitative Methods 28 - * -

Deleted

Guys you are making comments that are unworthy for a serious CFA candidate. Based on a rough indication of your results you dare to compare yourself and make statements such as unfair??? What the hell are you talking about? Dualbond may have scored up to 90% with his scores. Someone with the same list of scores may also have scored 50% in total. I actually calculated the lower and upper bounds for results and they are HUGE. Woolycat may have scored as little as 51%. With these bounds it’s completely useless to make comparisons and it’s even more useless to say stuff like ‘Unfair’ when this is your only source of information.

Lets see your calculations Mr Serious CFA exam taker Bleeck

Bleeck is right…

woollycat…it goes like this - No one knows the exact pattern to judge the pass or fail. CFA institute could take certain considerations in mind while judging things. The range that they provide is just to know where you stand and might not be an indicator of what we got. If 2 people are in 51-70 range - one of em could be on 69 and the other on 51. Same goes for below 50 range - could be a 0 or 49. It would not be right to contest others results. Also there could be cases in which CFA might have exact same scores for the borderlines and they want to pass only a few considering the fact that 1 extra mark could pass thousands. In such cases, some people here believe that it might be a grace to have higher marks in Ethics or FSA than others in same range. Seems hurting but this functioning had been known to all here since along time. You might want to conest bcos it was surely hurting but that does not help. If you believe there could be a mistake in counting your marks, you can go for retabulation but from what I have heard it does not usually help. Don’t loose heart and be ready for the fight back in Dec. You are no less smart than any Passers here. It is just that, time worked well for them. If you start thinking, you have less than 5 mnths to go for Dec. Give it your best shot this time and I know you will surely get it. Or you can also spend a few more days feeling bad and contesting and be left over with less than 4 mnths to prepare. Which is not a good advice. Hope you understand. Life does not end here. Comeon fight back Bro.

Using the 40/60/80 rule which is far from accurate but it is a way to compare peoples scores, you scored a 148 and the person who barely passed scored a 152… You are obviusly super close and should have no problem passing in the december. Gl