Practice Exam Score

Took the morning portion of the exam, thought are you kidding me this is easy, then got a 74… Little humbling. Back to work i guess

economics in schewser are ball breaking.

Beginning to feel a bit of confidence. Scored 81% in the CFAI Mock and completed a few Schweser past papers all around 71-74%. Reckon that should do it.

hey mate, are you struggling with the econ? I cant get above 70%… and tis normally because i can’t remember the stupid curves relating to costs/products

I’ve done lots of practise exams, and i’ve finished the CFAI Mock Exams …my scores so far are, on average somewhere around 83-86%, but i think that i’ll need one or two more mock exams, ill probably switch to Qbank although i think it underestimates the difficulty of some exams…that of course is my personal opinion and only that. The annoying thing though is with alternative investments…i mean… in the Practise exams the AI section is just 4 questions, so if you get one wrong you’re immediately down to 75%, and if 2, then that’s it, you’re below 70%!! If you fail the AI section does that mean that you failed the Level??

No, you don’t have to ‘pass’ every section to pass the exam. All you need is to reach the MPS, which they never release. It doesn’t matter what parts of the exam you get those points from.

Scored around 80 in the CFAI mock last week, worked on a few topics and managed 85 on the 3rd Schweser practice test (book 1)

Scored around 80 in the CFAI mock last week, worked on a few topics and managed 85 on the 3rd Schweser practice test (book 1)

Good work guys, keep it up, I think everyone in this thread’s in great shape. Best way to keep from panicking is to keep your mind focused on studying.

Slight problem…i’m all out of Mock exams…what do you guys recommend ? I’ve done Volume 1 and 2 of Schweser, the CFAI mock, and i bought a sample exam online from the CFAI. Qbank now? Any ideas? Thanks

I took the first two Schweser practice exams last week (74.6% and 81.3%) and took the CFAI mock yesterday (80% - 80.8% am, 79.2% pm). I don’t know whether Scweser #1 was really more difficult than #2 or I was just less prepared. Schweser really seems to hammer you on econ in particular. Had a 68.5% econ avg. on Schweser #1 and #2, but got a 96% on the mock!

I scored 94% on CFAI mock paper 1 and 92% on pm paper. Got 88% average for schwser practice exams. I have already failed the level 1 exam twice, I think this gonna be my last shot, I have devoted the past 2 years all for this exam and I have a horrible life just to pass it this time, if I am failing again I can only conclude that this is really not for me and move on :frowning:

I agree, Schweser asks some pretty tough econ questions, and the CFAI mock econ area seemed a bit easier. Schweser drills down pretty deep to pull out some tough econ stuff.

same here. however my past results were above 80% so I plan to rest from any mocks till the exam. Tomorrow will just re-read my notes & ethics and do nothing in Friday :slight_smile: Feelin’ ready :slight_smile:

Given the short time left, I highly recommend the CFA end of chapter questions in their books. They’re probably the next best thing to practice exams. Better than QBank I think.

I took a couple more practice exams. One Stalla 73 and one Schweser 70. Cutting it close!

Oh and on both I finished with like 45 minutes to spare… I should probably slow down.

The first 2 I did were both around 68% Schweser. 85 and 78% for CFA1 mock. Now I haven’t scored lower than 73% and I finish all 6 exams in Schweser. Also I usually finish with 1:15 mins to spare, but I need the extra time because I make so many silly mistakes on the exams.