Practice Exam Scores

Hey can u pleaseee share the answer link aswell !!

Just did the Schweser Vol 2 - Practice Exam 1.

82.2% in AM and 78.3% in PM. First time I’ve ever scored higher on AM than PM. Thought a few item sets in PM were weirdly presented, worded and asked. Hard to figure out what they were actually asking.

I too, am scoring quite consistently on everything I try.

Keep working at it - keep practicing, hone your skills, do a final review and don’t crack under exam pressure is the best we can do!

CFAI sample 66%, not yet there:(

Just did actual 2010 CFAI AM exam - scored 84% - my highest AM score so far on any mock/practice. I did, however, remove question 4A and 4B from the exam and scored it on 170 points. I strongly believe that those questions are no longer relevant in 2013 as the LOS for compare and contrast leading, lagging and coincident indicators was removed after 2010.

Even if it was fair game for the exam and I had gotten 0, my score would have been 80% instead. Still more than happy with that. I plan on doing one more Schweser PA and the CFAI 2012 exam before gameday. That, along with a complete Secret Sauce reread and a last minute study cram on GIPS and option payoffs should do the trick.

Seems like I’ve hit a plateau.

Just finished the 2012 CFAI mock PM exam and got 78.33%, a little lower than I was expecting since I was progressing nicely, scoring higher and higher on each successive exam I took. This one not the case - but still a score I am comfortable with…

I will do the 2012 CFAI AM exam and the 2013 CFAI PM mock before exam day. I think that should be enough in terms of practice exams. Maybe throw in another Schweser AM practice if I have time. 7-8 days!

where are you guys getting the CFA AM mocks? Could someone share a link please?

Many Thanks

Log in to CFAI and search for the word “essay”, the link to the PDF files should come up.

Finished 2012 CFAI mock - 47/60 (78.3%). Still scoring about 63-65% in AMs.

Averages ~72%. If the top scores (used for arriving at MPS) don’t go above 95% then there is a cushion of 5%. Still wishing for a 75% average.

Still 3 more tests to go and I hope I can avoid few silly mistakes that I keep on making and finish at about ~75% average.

Good luck, guys!

Are any of you guys that are scoring consistently above 70% on AM retakers? I can’t get above 60 to save my life.

I dont know how to grade but I’d guess I am btw 60 and 70 on the AMs.

PMs- between 65-75 depending on how tired and focused I am.

I think 60s on the AM isnt the end of the world.50s probably is.

Got the same CFAI 2012 Mock score when I did it yesterday. I am getting in mid-80’s in the actual CFA AM exams. Just did the 2012 CFA actual and scored 86.4% - definitely not complaining but my first thought is that I might be grading myself more liberally than others. I can’t see that I am, though.

When it’s a calculation question and I get it wrong, I give myself a 0. When it’s a “agree or disagree and justify with one reason”, I give myself 1 point if I got the agree thing right and 2 if I got the justification right. 0 total if I got the agree/disagree wrong regardless of justification. I honestly don’t know how I could be being too liberal with the marks so that gives me some confidence…

I find that I am making a lot of errors on the AM exams, but they are usually on low-value questions. The core material, which is usually worth a lot of points (and rightfully so), I typically get most of the points. The obscure stuff I screw up but it has little value on the exam. For example : on the 2012 AM exam there is a question to calculate the duration of a call option - honestly not something I even knew I had to know how to do - got a 0/3 on it.

Anybody else scoring higher on AM’s than on PM’s? It seems like for most it’s the opposite…

EDIT: I am not a retaker.

Nvestn. Congrats bro. You will pass. You can stop studying and chillax. 80% is great.

this guy is too overprepared. be careful not to outsmart the test bro, that might backfire.

lol - sorry. I don’t mean to sound like I’m bragging - just looking for feedback or for any reason to doubt myself.

It’s like I feel there must be a catch to feeling prepared for a CFA exam. I’ve never felt “prepared” in the past on previous levels. I attacked this one the same as level 2 - maybe the type of material suits me better as it is more in line with what I do (Private Wealth and High Net Worth financial planning for individuals and their closely held corps) - may come to me more naturally.

Definitiely not done studying - but I am most likely done with practice/mock/actual exams. I will focus the rest of the week to focused study on my weaker subjects.

Is there an errata for CFAI 2013 PM Mock? I am pretty sure 2 or 3 questions were either incorrectly worded or guideline answers were wrong. Or maybe I am going nuts which would not be surpising.

a

Gracias. Spent 20 minutes looking for it on their website. Their navigation and search function are useless.

Also, pretty sure their guideline answer for #31 should have been revised too.

can you please remove the link from there?

Anyone have an idea of MPS for level III as compared to level I and II? Is it likely higher/lower?

I personnaly beleive that MPS is lower. I mean, i do think that MPS is well below 70%, as I can’t beleive that the majority of the people are doing more than 65% on the morning session. But that is just my opinion.