Practice Exams - Who else hasn't started?

I’ll be finishing up my review this week and haven’t yet started on the CFAI or Schweser practice exams. I’m hoping the final 2 weeks will be sufficient…anyone else in the same boat?

I did one at the end of April, and it took me no time at all to realize I was wasting my time. So I went through the materials one more time and some stuff is really starting to come around. So from next Saturday to the following Sunday I’m going to do as many practice exams as I possibly can, then use the last 4 - 5 days to review the week area’s I come across. From now till Saturday I’m going into full review mode, memorizing flash cards, hitting the tough concepts. This is pretty much what I did last year for L2 and it worked (crossing fingers). I feel if I do the exams too early, I’ll just forget what I’ve done in them when I get to the exam. On the flip side, I might not be leaving myself enough time to hit the weak areas again. Time will tell. Only so much left, and only so much more I can do at this point.

I was supposed to finish reviewing yesterday, now I hope to finish tomorrow. For L2 I did 1.5 practice exam, but truly hope to do more this time :).

i just did my first exam two days back and suddenly i’m in full panic mode… i can feel myself being pulled in all directions… should i review… should i do an exam ,should i do the cfai ques… i never did exams for any level before this and i was just fine :frowning:

bips Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i just did my first exam two days back and > suddenly i’m in full panic mode… i can feel > myself being pulled in all directions… should i > review… should i do an exam ,should i do the > cfai ques… i never did exams for any level before > this and i was just fine :frowning: i feel the same way …i;m debating where to focus my time in the next little while

Guys, I think it’s a good idea to do at least some practice exams…at least it will be for me. I found last year that there were a couple problems that I directly remembered doing in a practice exam somewhere. Not the same problem, but the same format. This year I think it would be pretty valuable to get some experience with the IPS stuff. Try to ignore that you might not be scoring so well, but just getting aquainted with the format and putting pen to paper. FWIW.

I’ve read all the CFAI stuff once… now I am re-reviewing in more detail while following along with Schweser’s Secret Sauce book - im taking notes on things that I am weak on and will focus on at the end. My goal is to have my re-review done by 8-10 days pre-test and then do nothing but the CFAI & Schweser Onlines + the three written CFAI paper exams. (9 total) + review my weak areas. Then Read the GIPS manual bullet points before I go to bed…

Big Babbu Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Guys, I think it’s a good idea to do at least some > practice exams…at least it will be for me. I > found last year that there were a couple problems > that I directly remembered doing in a practice > exam somewhere. Not the same problem, but the same > format. > This year I think it would be pretty valuable to > get some experience with the IPS stuff. Try to > ignore that you might not be scoring so well, but > just getting aquainted with the format and putting > pen to paper. FWIW. i’ll second that… for the ips, even if its a simple case, you think you knwo the obj and constraints but once you get down to writing it, more often than not you are completely at sea as to how to actually frame the ans

I did my first one yesterday. Wouldn’t have been a pass, but definetly not far off, and found lots of stupid stuff I need to look over again. Bottom line: Do them!

havent touched them. i am kicking myself right now. i started jan 31 and had everything locked in, but then i had this amazing opportunity to go asia for most of april. i mean, i basically had to go, since it was a once in a lifetime trip… but when i came back everything was out of my head. i’ve been scrambling to catch up, but i don’t know if i will make it… argh. having the week off before the test to drill the practice exams should help a lot.

plan to do the first one this Saturday. And will start on the CFAI questions from today.

Do half your practice exams. Fully review the exams and your notes and brush up on all concepts. Then do your second half of exams and review those prior to the test.

make sure to save at least 2 (probably 3) exams for the final week and make sure at least one is fairly easy as to not blow your confidence.

oskigo Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > make sure to save at least 2 (probably 3) exams > for the final week and make sure at least one is > fairly easy as to not blow your confidence. Some people redo an exam again the week before of 2 days before the actual exam to boost confidence but i dont really see the point in doing that

I have done all the past CFAI ones except 07, two schweser ones, and CFAI free one. I plan on doing the rest of the schweser ones and the rest of the ones offered by cfai and the 07 exam and then reviewing them. I think they really help as you can only read so much I feel at this point reading cfai is pointless and schweser i’ll read the parts I am weak on. Hopefully i’ll have enough time but it is getting tight.

I will start doing exams this weekend hopefully. For some reason I’m still not confident about what I’ve learnt and I keep going back to review all the time.

For those of you tht have done the 05-07 CFAI papers …which one of the 3 do you think was the most challenging/difficult overall …???

I plan to start doing the practice exams on the final week before the exam… this way the transition to the real exam will be seamless, since everything will be very fresh in my mind.

Rudeboi Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > For those of you tht have done the 05-07 CFAI > papers …which one of the 3 do you think was the > most challenging/difficult overall …??? if you have not done one exam yet - you will find them equally as challenging … just need to get use to the format of answering

i am planning on doing the CFAI exams the week before the exam. from my experience there are always questions that are almost taken straight from the practice exam on the real thing. i want to have those fresh in my mind. i’ve been doing schweser q bank and will work on book 6 this weekend. not looking forward to the essays.