Practice

Hey guys, Wanted to get your opinion on this.

Given that I started off in late Jan, my main goal has been to hack through the material and catch up with the other candidates (ones who started their prep before Dec) especially that I work a full time job. I’ve followed the curriculum’s order and managed to finish up to FRA; however, the only practice I’ve been doing so far have been the Wiley examples and the end of lesson tests (Premium package). I am aiming to give my self somwhere around the 50-day mark for revision and practice. Do you guys think i should tackle questions earlier or should I just stick with my plan, and scan through the material; cement the knowledge when I finalize the reading? It’s worth noting that I feel pretty good about my understanding level, but not as much when it comes to my retention… Goodluck to all!

I think there’s value in doing a pass through EOC PP. Not just for the learning, which is useful, but also because it tends to highlight what’s most critical.

For retention, I tend to make flashcards for every reading, and then pick about 4-10 per reading to go over while i’m still in the “learning” phase. Figure if I can start revision knowing 5 things about every reading stone cold, it’s a nice platform.

I definetly intend to tackle the EOCs, but a pass through now is a good idea, thanks! How is your prep coming along? Would love to make flashcards, but unfortunately I do not have the time. I think practice make perfect, so if you can absorb the material and establish a decent understanding now… fingers crossed, the practical solving should cement the material. Good luck buddy!

I definetly intend to tackle the EOCs, but a pass through now is a good idea, thanks! How is your prep coming along? Would love to make flashcards, but unfortunately I do not have the time. I think practice make perfect, so if you can absorb the material and establish a decent understanding now… fingers crossed, the practical solving should cement the material. Good luck buddy!

The highlight of the thread is its title - Practice! I dont care how much you read, only practice will cement it. After 3-4 full practice exams a pattern of strengths and weaknesses will emerge. Carefully reading all answers actually reveals the juice of all topics. A lot can be learnt by just reading answers to practice exams.

No quarrel there mate, without practice my odds of passing will be very slim. However, what I am trying to ask, is should i practice heavily in thelast 50 days before the test or as spend time as I tackle the material?

Spend time as you tackle the material. Take the 20 minutes before (or after) your reading to do a few questions.

Good man Voldemort (Y)