Pre MBA financial modelling course

Keep up the good work and solid input, quant.

This is for next summers…mine is an indian college…have heard that we dont get time during the first year hence would like to do it before the school begins

I have used Training the Street, Wall Street Prep and Breaking Into Wall Street. I find all of them are quite good but highly recommend Breaking Into Wall Street because it is the best price. I was also a beta tester for many of the modules so I like to think it is pretty decent.

BIWS is pretty awesome, good amount of detail and good production. Well worth the money. Material can take some time to sink in though. Birdman’s post above is accurate.

Are you referring to the Excel and Fundamentals course at $347? Because the BIWS Premium costs the same as WSP at $499. What do you think of the Advanced Modeling that comes with the Premium package?

Define target school…and what kind of MBA program starts in June???

This is highly recommended and you will be well ahead of most of your class.

Indian CPA

Which package are u referring to? The basic modelling at 350$ or the advanced modelling course of roughly 500$. I thought the advanced modelling course certification will the one that would give an edge during summer interviews

Iim ahmedabad, alot of banks do hire from there…all the Indian MBA start their programs around june end

Which package are u referring to? The basic modelling at 350$ or the advanced modelling course of roughly 500$. I thought the advanced modelling course certification will the one that would give an edge during summer interviews

I think these companies say you will gain an edge by taking the course, but they just want your money and I don’t think it gives much of an edge to be honest. Financial modeling isn’t rocket science anyway. Most companies value other things highly like high GPA. Anyone can take a course.

And that is why i posted this here to know how people / recruiters look at it

I see you edited your original post. Good job. Yes, Indian MBA’s are not target schools. Not by A LOT.

Dnt know what ur talking about editing the Original post…its a regional target school…i am not looking to work in NY

True, your target school reference was in another post. Please be so kind as to amend the word “target”. It is misleading.

The Excel and Fundamentals course is sufficient for most equity research and investment banking interview processes.

I always thought a target meant a school where Bulge brackets hire?? If most of the bulge brackets hire at my school for their regional offices, what is wrong in calling it a target?

Thanks alot!! U were really helpful…do you also run the website mergersandinquisition? I have been there in the past and the website looked helpful but didnt find alot of info about the finance scene in India