predict what will be on the exam

I bet that managed futures and market-neutral long-short will be tested.

What say you all about corp. governance?

that question is ridiculous. totally vague nonsense. don’t provide the estate tax rate. don’t say who is in charge of the irrevocable trust. it’s just assinine.

Bank and insurance - institutional investor

If 2 bond hedge is on there I will be very unhappy. I think GIPS will finally get its due - and as mentioned by truongdv, banks or insurance companies.

No. i dont want it…all i know about the section is “Moral Hazard”…Can’t afford to read new things when i have plenty already in the plate…

An entire item set from “emerging market finance” with questions I’ll barely understand. It happened in level 2 that a complete theoritical item set on hedge funds killed me.

Yikes! I still remember that nasty question from last year. Right after the exam, I picked up the curriculum and read the section and I could not make a head or tail of it. Just thinking of that question gives me the sweaty palms even though I passed the exams, courtesy, ethics adjustment.

All the best next week guys. All the best. Go kill the exam because the fact that you are on AnalystForum gives you a head start on the curve.

hoping for a question about inflation in the insitutional IPS, oh yea! NOT!!!

that was so annoying, along with the explanation - what a mess

Here is the test:

1. differences between Revocable/Irrevocable trusts

2. Mutiple IPS question - but only pertaining to the liquidity section

3. determining whether an investor displays conservatism or anchoring and adjustment

4. contingent claim risk from the perspective of the issuer

5. Global bond breakeven analysis

6. Performance of an MBS portfolio where only a single treasury is used to hedge

7. Option cost, payoff, and profit for different strategies

8. The difference between market allocation effects and pure sector allocation

It’s going to be a fun one!

VAR