Prediction/Survey Again.

I did this in L2, and predicted if I have avg score here, I can pass, and I did. My reason was, the avg level of people here is a bit higher than that of the whole population. If you are working on schewser sample exams, what’s your score? I haven’t done one yet (did half) Mine is around 60. Thanks!

mid-high 60s so far, only did so far… gotta bring it up though.

Thanks much, I am with you. They say need 85? Which is too high for me.

Agree with you 100% foxie. I was trolling these boards before taking L2 and it definitely seems that the AF community has it together relative to other candidates. I have absolutely no evidence of this, but I would bet that the passing rate for AF members is higher than the overall passing rate. With that said, I haven’t “officially” completed a timed practice test yet, but have done half of one casually and scored in the low 50’s :frowning: I have my work cut out for me.

Anybody getting 85 on a schweser exam is pretty safe , they should be able to write the exam tomorrow

If you dont’ mind me asking since I dont have Schweser, how are you guys/gals grading them?? Or are you only referrign to the afternoon sections?

bigwilly, for the morning session, i grade by judging how close my answer is to the guideline answer. I assign points to each question based on the number of minutes assigned to each question. I was told by an instructor that, for example, if you have a 3 minute question that asks you to agree/disagree with an analyst and justify your answer, you would receive one point for correctly agreeing/disagreeing and 2 points if your reasoning is correct. This is what I was told so don’t flame me if I’m wrong. Grading these practice morning sections may be an exercise in futility since we don’t have a good idea of how the real graders will grade. Still, I’m finding that comparing my answer to the guideline answer gives me an idea of where i need to improve, and perhaps more importantly, HOW i should write out my answer (long, indirect answers no matter how familiar you are with the material may actually cost you points while a short, direct answer may earn you full credit). BTW, I’m referring to the old exams on the CFAI website. I have not looked at Schweser’s practice exams.

afternoon… graded a morning session and by my liberal grading system would have been 50%

oh gotcha. Good for you…I haven’t graded any of them :frowning: I do the problem then look at the answer :wink:

Me too BW, I can’t do a whole test I need instant notification.

bigwilly Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > oh gotcha. Good for you…I haven’t graded any of > them :frowning: I do the problem then look at the answer > :wink: Same thing :slight_smile:

I love instant notification.

Thanks much guys! Yes, grading morning is a pain in the a. We try to be objective, but who knows how we are going to be graded? That’s why they say cut 10-15% in real exam, that’s why people say 85% is safe. But it seems L3 is harder, I got L2 even on the 90s. And it seems, if I am in 60s, it would be extremely hard even to get to 70s, even with 20 days left.

who says 85%? no way, you can get by with much less…

Between 90 and 94%, in full exam conditions, and within time guidelines. I guess putting in 400 hours up to May 1 is a good idea.

Gooman Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Between 90 and 94%, in full exam conditions, and > within time guidelines. I guess putting in 400 > hours up to May 1 is a good idea. Come on, dont ruin the curve for the rest of us