Premium Solution vs. Essential Solution of Schweser

There is a $400 difference between these two packages of Schweser. Do you think that it is worth paying this huge difference just to get Video CDs or Online Programs?

I depends on how much prior knowledge you have of the material. I you need just a review stick with the essential. If you need someone to teach the material to you, go with the premium.

It depends on how you learn. I had no previous finance background whatsoever and got the Essential package. The study notes, q-bank, Book 6, CFAI online sample exams, and CFAI texts were plenty for me. I didn’t think any of the video stuff or online classes was necessary to learn the material. You just gotta pound it into your head over and over until it becomes second nature using the notes, texts, and practice questions.

Do the CDs or online classes have any extra information that do not exist in the study notes of Schweser?

“Do the CDs or online classes have any extra information that do not exist in the study notes of Schweser?” No for the CDs…just a different method of delivery. Can’t speak for the online classes but if there is Q&A capability, that is obviously a benefit. Not sure if it’s worth $500 extra (or whatever it is)…

In my opinion…save your money. Use half of the 500 bucks on the CFAI online sample exams closer to the test. You should be fine without the videos/cds. In terms of a class…AF is the only class you need.

In terms of Schweser, I think that the notes and the Q-bank are a must, everything else is just icing on the cake.

What is AF class?

Analyst Forum. The forum you are currently posting on.

I agree with lola. I found Qbank very helpful. Taking 120 question tests after work feels just like the second half of the CFA exam.

prossetti Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > It depends on how you learn. I had no previous > finance background whatsoever and got the > Essential package. The study notes, q-bank, Book > 6, CFAI online sample exams, and CFAI texts were > plenty for me. I didn’t think any of the video > stuff or online classes was necessary to learn the > material. You just gotta pound it into your head > over and over until it becomes second nature using > the notes, texts, and practice questions. Prosetti- with no finance background whatsoever did you use CFA books also or just Schweser, and how do you feel you performed on the test?

I read the CFAI books cover to cover. After doing that I read and re-read the Schweser study notes as well as did thousands of q-bank questions. I also took Book 6 exams and the CFAI online sample exams. As far as the test goes, I think I’m borderline. I probably scored in the 60s. If I could do it over again I would have used the same materials but just focused on FSA more. I probably could have picked up a few more points if I had spent more time reading that than Econ or something.

Prosetti - Did the same as you. CFAI/Schweser/Qbank/CFAI online. And the same borderline feeling about the test. Probably 60plus… You think ya overprepared? Disappointed with the lack of certainty after such detailed preparation in time and $$.

Clearly I didn’t overprepare since I think I’m a borderline candidate. It’s a hard test to master. No question about it. I probably could have spent more time in FSA than I did though.

agree with prossetti. one of the things i regret is not spending more time on FSA.