Preparation strategy for Dec exam

Hi guys I plan to give CFA Level1 exam in Dec2009 for which I have started preparing but being from a non-finance background I am not able to retain all the stuff that I read. Currently I am reading FSA and though I am able to understand as I move but not able to recall what I read yesterday… what should be my strategy to overcome this … help me out here…

You’ve loads of time. I’m writing in June. My strategy was read once the CFAI material which I finished in late Feb. I then went through Schweser making flash cards, doing the end of reading questions and also doing the CFAI questions again. I finished that in early April. Now I do 60-70 questions per day, making a note of what I still don’t know well and referring to the material to get the answers. I then try and learn these sections again. Don’t worry too much about your current retention levels. Continuing review, learning and answering questions will help your retention immensly. Regarding the success of my strategy, I’ll let you know June 8th…

I am taking the CFA in june. I would recommend continuing reading and then doing review questions every night–this will help reenforce what you read and also help you recall it. In addition, i used this product called core-models which also helped renforce concepts in my head and further explained things i was not sure about in the readings. well i hope this helps!!