Preparation

Can someone please post a sample failing results screen? It’s been a while since I’ve seen this and I would like to stare at it for a while so it’s not such a big shocker…

CFA Level 2 Exam - June 2008 Result: Failed Nice try, loser. You were doing okay until we threw those BOP questions at you. Oh, and how did you like studying your ass off for times series and hedge funds? Yep, we shelved those for 2008. I hope you didn’t sacrifice too much other material to develop mastery of those worthless (for now) topics. Just trying to keep you on your toes. See you in June. Again. Sincerely, CFAI

They hit you with it right at the top of the screen. You will see either “Result: Pass” or “Result: Fail” at the top of the page. That way, you don’t have to scroll to get your results. It is like ripping a band-aid off. Just get it over with right away.

hezagenius Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > It is like ripping a band-aid off. That’s a good description. Only the pain lasts longer.

More like duct tape.

seerwright Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > CFA Level 2 Exam - June 2008 > > Result: Failed > > Nice try, loser. You were doing okay until we > threw those BOP questions at you. Oh, and how did > you like studying your ass off for times series > and hedge funds? Yep, we shelved those for 2008. I > hope you didn’t sacrifice too much other material > to develop mastery of those worthless (for now) > topics. Just trying to keep you on your toes. > > See you in June. Again. > > Sincerely, > CFAI ^^^^^^^^^Sad but true^^^^^^^^^^6 At this moment the CFAI has crossed into X files territory At this point nothing theyu do would suprise me I have heard crazy stories

Haha thanks guys. I plan on looking at that right before I look at my results until it is burned into my brain. As someone who actually read the CFAI text and understood time series analysis completely, those BOP questions came out of left field! Same with portfolio management. Last year I saw the Level II fail screen…but that was expected as I did not take the time to study the material. Since I blew my one get-out-of-total-embarrassment-failure-because-it-was-your-first-time-card, I’m hoping the second one will pull through for me even after making so many stupid mistakes. My spreadsheet analysis (from pooling all my answers together after taking the test) tells me the following scenarios for my results: Worst Case: 62% Probable Case: 68% Best Case: 79% Right on the border there which will make it even more painful if I see a fail. The worst part of checking my results will be the conference call I have to present on 30 minutes after the results are released. Hopefully I’ll manage not to cry. ;o/