pretty pictures

Just got my LIII curriculum. CFAI really went all out on the cover photography this year. Instead of 20 year old Bloomberg terminals they now have close-ups of blades of grass w/ morning dew on them…very zen. Must resist urge to crack these bad boys. Any advice from those who took the test in June?

ya, enjoy the rest of your summer cuz you have a lot of time to ruin your life and cut people out of it in the coming months.

Yeah, wait until you pass L2 before you count your chickens.

jbaldyga Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Just got my LIII curriculum. CFAI really went all > out on the cover photography this year. Instead > of 20 year old Bloomberg terminals they now have > close-ups of blades of grass w/ morning dew on > them…very zen. > > Must resist urge to crack these bad boys. Any > advice from those who took the test in June? I started with Schweser, then read the official CFAI books after that to complete my notes with anything missing. The CFAI books are time consuming and you can’t really tell what’s the LOS needs just by reading them. The Behavioral finance part for example is huge and covers a lot of stuff that you don’t need to know for the LOS (Experiments,…)

farley013 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Yeah, wait until you pass L2 before you count your > chickens. I think he passed L2 last year with us. I think he actually aced the test with everything over 70%, so he’s probably looking to repeat this year. Make sure to check with the CFAI if this will count as a “true” 3/3 since you skipped a year :))

mo34 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > farley013 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Yeah, wait until you pass L2 before you count > your > > chickens. > > > I think he passed L2 last year with us. I think he > actually aced the test with everything over 70%, > so he’s probably looking to repeat this year. > > Make sure to check with the CFAI if this will > count as a “true” 3/3 since you skipped a year :)) Mo – your memory and/or search skills are impressive. I agonized over the prospect of not being a “true” 3/3, but in the end decided to take the year off. New job, moved and wife had a baby. Little did I know I’d be twiddling my thumbs for months on end at work, ohh well. Wish I was down to one week of agony like the rest of you, good luck.

jbaldyga Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Just got my LIII curriculum. CFAI really went all > out on the cover photography this year. Instead > of 20 year old Bloomberg terminals they now have > close-ups of blades of grass w/ morning dew on > them…very zen. What are you talking about? You didn’t get the book w/ the hot chick in the red dress on the cover? Oh my god what have I been studying all this time?!

jbaldyga Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Just got my LIII curriculum. CFAI really went all > out on the cover photography this year. Instead > of 20 year old Bloomberg terminals they now have > close-ups of blades of grass w/ morning dew on > them…very zen. > > Must resist urge to crack these bad boys. Any > advice from those who took the test in June? Are you sure that’s not the 2008 curriculum? Last year’s covers were also of nature images. I didn’t know the LIII curriculum is already out.

It’s out. “Level III 2009” on the cover. I’m looking through the LOS’s. They seem much more open-ended than LII…

I am kidding about that 3/3 stuff. We had a funny argument about that earlier. Good luck to you, it’s a long year.

My favorite picture was on the postcards they sent. I loved the dog with the ball saying “no time to play anymore.” I threw all the other ones out, but the dog with the ball was too cute. And I don’t even like dogs all that much (I’m more of a cat person, petwise).

ugh, cats.

I take it you don’t have pictures of kittens on your Capital One card? :wink: