Previous Salary

Is there any way for future employers to verifty your previous salary? I understand that your old employer wouldnt give out that info due to competitive reasons . Assuming that the salary you say you made is within reason, how often or how extensivly does HR go into investigating this? thanks

They can just ask for your previous w2’s to verify.

This has come up before. They can verify it by asking for your last paystub. I’d hate to get caught in a lie that way. I usually give a range because my comp is a base + an unknown bonus/profit sharing.

yep - they just ask to see your last wage slip so you can’t get out of it. Just come up with reasons why you justify x amount rather than i want x more etc…

yep - they just ask to see your last wage slip so you can’t get out of it. Just come up with reasons why you justify x amount rather than i want x more etc…

dude, don’t lie. why would you want to? besides, salary is nothing to be insecure about; let’s face it, most people on wall street think they’re being underpaid (including myself)

And what if there are no such things as pay slips? It depends on the country actually, not in every country employees receive pay slips.