Print the exam?

Hey guys, can you tell me how the practice CFA exams work? 1. Can I print out the exams? 2. I read a post saying that you can’t review the exam, is that true? 3. Does it give explanations like Scheweser tests? Happy thanks giving!!!

As of the June onlines, you can’t go back or review, all you will be able to print is each LOS that the question covered…not the question though. Each question gives the explanation when you answer and where to find it in the books. You can pause the test after you answer or before, and write the question down, take a screen shot, etc. I did that for questions I missed, or didn’t know thoroughly and guessed right. You can stop the test and restart it too within a certain time frame of a couple days. And for June 07, the consensus was that the 3rd or 4th test available were more difficult than 1 and 2. They are worth it though, because they let you see how the questions are asked, enabling you to study more efficiently. The questions are not quantatively based, at least the hard ones aren’t. Good luck.

you can’t print or save them, so just do screen shots of everything. i think, of all the money i spent on the CFA, those practice exams from the institute were the best $$ spent.

For a computer illeterate such as myself, is “just doing a screen shot” something simple to do?

i use a little capture program, MWSnap. totally free, and easy to use. just make sure you set easy hotkeys (I use SHIFT + Z) to do a full screen capture and know how to use it quickly while you take the online exam, because you have a limited time to take it (though longer per question than actual exam conditions) http://www.mirekw.com/winfreeware/mwsnap.html

your time is limited, but you can pause it as many times as you want. kinda contradicts the ltime imit they set.

I just took the first one and saved few questions using screen capture. I feel it is easier than scheweser exam even though I didn’t get 70% hahaha 1. Is the real exam difficulties similar to the practice exams? and is it 70% to pass? 2. I feel that CFA practice exams are bit more conceptual and less number crunching than scheweser. 3. For concept questions, scheweser book 6 questions are much harder in my opinion, what do you guys think?

Hitting the keys Alt+ Prt Scrn together will give you a screen shot of whatever top window you have open on the computer Ctrl+ Prt Scrn will give you your entire computer screen Then you can go into any image program (like MS Paint) and just paste in an image of the screen.

Cloud Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I just took the first one and saved few questions > using screen capture. > I feel it is easier than scheweser exam even > though I didn’t get 70% hahaha > > > > 1. Is the real exam difficulties similar to the > practice exams? and is it 70% to pass? > > 2. I feel that CFA practice exams are bit more > conceptual and less number crunching than > scheweser. > > 3. For concept questions, scheweser book 6 > questions are much harder in my opinion, what do > you guys think? The CFA exam is a lot more qualitative than Schweser’s book 6. You won’t be using your calculator as much as you think.

the qualitative part will surprise you, and usually catches people off guard. The actual test q’s are nearly identical to CFAI online. the big advantage you get is how difficult/tricky the ethics section can be