Prior Exams - How far back to review?

Prior exams going back beyond 2007 were available previously on CFAI website. I have gone as far back as 2005 but debating if I should go back further or the questions on older exams may not be relevant? I personally think that reviewing/solving these exams and solving EOC questions is a much better use of time than Sch practice volume 2, maybe volume 1 as well.

2007-2009 are most relevant and rest is upto you. If you have time and energy, go for more.

i went back to 2000. they actually are challenging.

Hi: can you send the copy from 2000 to 2006 to me at dechunw@gmail.com. Many thanks!

I agree, 2007 - 2009 is most relevant. In 2007, CFAI changed LIII curriculum by as much as 40%. Changes between 2007 - 09 have been at best minimal. Cumulatively, reviewing the 2006 exam implies referring to a curriculum that is almost 50% different from the current one.

I plan on going back to 2006 - as in taking 2006 - 2009 as practise exams. I do plan on reviewing the exams from 2000 -2005 - possibly doing some of the IPS questions if time.

can anyone of you please send me a copy of the papers since 2000 too at zhaider.acca@gmail.com

Plug and Chug Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- >Cumulatively, reviewing the 2006 exam > implies referring to a curriculum that is almost > 50% different from the current one. can you explain this statement? are you saying you think that the 2006 curriculum is 50% diff from the current one? if find this very hard to believe

dpcfa Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Plug and Chug Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > >Cumulatively, reviewing the 2006 exam > > implies referring to a curriculum that is > almost > > 50% different from the current one. > > > can you explain this statement? are you saying you > think that the 2006 curriculum is 50% diff from > the current one? if find this very hard to believe I’d be willing to wager that number is much closer to reality than you’d think. Anything pre-2007 (IMHO) is probably not that worthwhile in that you’d have difficulty determining if your answer was incorrect because you don’t know that concept well enough for exam day or if your answer was incorrect because it’s not something we’re required to know and therefore something that you haven’t studied. If you know the curriculum well enough to only spend time on relevant questions (I certainly don’t), I think they’re probably worthwhile.

For the older exams, at the beginning of the answers, CFA mentions the pertinent LOS’s and reference text refered to. If the reference text is not current for the 2010 BOK, skip that question. IPS will be relevant for sure, other sections might have.

Went back to 1997 for IPS questions. Definitely worth it. You can tell how the style of questioning has changed over the years. Now considering doing other questions for 2000-2006 time period. Looking at the beginning of the answers for the LOS, etc. is a good idea when deciding what to skip.

Really appreciated if anyone send a copy of the above said papers to: ccbivanwang@gmail.com Thanks!

2007-2009 are most relevant for total exams. BUT FOR IPS RELATED QUESTIONS, it’s all the same thing right ? so maybe go back to 200 for IPS related questions?

So do you guys think that although Schweser Volume 2 exams are based on the 2010 curriculam, the CFA 2007-2009 past exams are more relevant? And CFAi text EOC or Schweser QBank? So little time left not quite sure how to best spend my time!

Absolutely CFAI Text EOC hands down. From what I hear on this board, there are lots of benefits of doing these EOC.

Where can we download Qs and As to CFAI past papers for 2000-2005 please? Who has them, and if you do can you provide us with your email so I can contact you directly for a compy PLEASE? Thanks!!!

Just looked at 2002 CFA exam and the IPS questions were very different to the current way of asking. They used PV and a lot of changed cicrumstances etc. Do you think they would ask in terms of PV or do you think this is their old way of doing things? know it’s not a hard think to “get” but just quite a different approach to the questions so would need to spend some time reveiewing it all from that perspective.

I’m going back to 1987. I also have the 1963 CFA exam, but I don’t think that’s very relevant anymore.

I think that as far as IPS return and constraint questions you can go as far back as 2000 and it hasnt changed much.

Sebrock - agreed. Grgkir001 - Yes they can ask you PV type questions for IPS return calculations.