Private equity -> pig farming?

Are any of you guys on LinkedIn? If so, what’s the craziest message you’ve gotten from that site? A lot of times, I find that people use LinkedIn group to market stuff that’s completely unrelated to the group itself. However, I can’t fault them for trying to hustle and earn a living. However, one curious e-mail came in this morning – it was a message from one Konstantin Rogov on the middle-market private equity group. Is this really where private equity is headed? You decide. --------- SMALL PIG-FARM IN KIEV REGION, UKRAINE FOR SALE ($130,000) Farm consisting from 2 cow/pig stables, office, slaughter house. Possible to extend by purchasing additional 4 cow-stables which are currently owned by local community (very for cheap). The farm is very close to Kiev and the price is not hith to make investment and start business here in Ukraine. Price is $130,000. Presentation with photos can be sent to you upon request. Konstantin rogovkonstantin@hotmail.com

I love the line about “Possible to extend by purchasing additional 4 cow-stables which are currently owned by local community (very for cheap)”…nice buy-and-build strategy at play.

worse than craigslist.

ha I noticed that too this morning numi…

I’m sure he would similarly ridicule you if you tried to go over to Russia selling iPhones and flat panel tvs. It’s all about perspective.

The former chairman of my company started pig farming in Europe after he retired here. It became a very profitable business. No joke.

http://www.tienda.com/food/products/jm-09.html $1,395 for a leg… I am sure there are some PE firms with their hands on gourmet cure meats… Either investing on these ventures or eating the products…