PRM Exam III

Has anyone taken the PRM Exam III recently? I saw posts about PRM in June/July, but none since. I have been reading the Handbook and it has a lot of material - pretty interesting stuff so I am enjoying reading it. I plan to take the diagnostic test that PRMIA offers. It seems pretty difficult to see how the questions will be structured - there is a lot of subjective information and some quantitative stuff. How are the exam questions structured? Has anyone used other sources like notes from Kesdee or any other source?

i took it about a year ago, really enjoyed it. i just learned from the handbook, its excellent, really well written. just learn the stuff - you’ll pass the exam.

I took it about 10 months ago. I read the handbook twicw and worked on Kesdee diagnostic exams. Actual exam questions were more difficult than practice questions, but you will be OK if you work on diagnistic exams enough. Also, do not forget to check out the study guide: http://prmia.org/pdf/StudyGuide/PRMStudyGuide3Fsmall.pdf Good luck!

Thanks, rohufish, zigy. The handbook is good reading and I am really learning a lot reading it. The Handlbook version I have is from mid 2007. A new version has been released or will be released shortly. Any idea how much has changed? PRM gives out some merit awards - any idea how these are selected?

How long do you recommend studying to pass exam III and IV, respectively?

>Any idea how much has changed? I might be wrong, but my understanding is that they just broke down old book 1 into 3 separate books. >PRM gives out some merit awards - any idea how these are selected? http://prmia.org/index.php?page=training&option=trainingCandAwards >How long do you recommend studying to pass exam III and IV, respectively? I cannot say how long since it is really up to your reading speed and focus… However, for exam III, I would read the hand book twice and do diagnostic exams. For exam IV, I would read material once and do diagnostic exams. Same questions keep coming up again and again on diagnostic exams so in time, you will be able to finish one exam in 5-10 min and still get 90-95%. Then you are definitely ready. If you take exam IV first, exam III is whole different ballgame so do not be too comfortable. Cheers!

Thanks, zigy. Looks like Exam III is the meat of the program and will need some serious prep. Will get back to it in earnest after the break. Happy Holidays!