Probability

Monthly sales of bath tubs are approximately normally distributed with a mean of 21 and a standard deviation of 5. What is the probabilility of selling 12 bath tubs or less next month? 1) 3.59%. 2) 1.80%. 3) 96.41%. 4) 98.2%.

compute teh z score 12-21/5 = -9/5 = -1.8 look up the area under -1.8 i think its 2 (though I think i might be wrong)

Z=(21-12)/5=1.8 1-Z cummulative = 1-.9641=.0359, A

Amber, quick question, is there a way to send the answers to the second mock exam?

map, how did you look up the area? do you live with a z-distribution?

Yes, the back of volume I CFAI text, page A66

I have a Q about Mock exams too. Do you have to print the answers or you can visit CFAi website at your ease and review them later (may be multiple times !!)

answer is 1. On the mocks, let me look. I am not sure about sending the answer. I just print them out. BRB.

thunderanalyst Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I have a Q about Mock exams too. Do you have to > print the answers or you can visit CFAi website at > your ease and review them later (may be multiple > times !!) Thats just it. I’ve only logged in twice to those practice exams, last night took the mock 2, reviewed via qbank, and have not reviewed the mock. I wish to review during work today in any event, so I was hoping someone had the answers/explainations to send.

If you don’t have the table, think of ot this way: 12 is at 1.8 stdv from the mean, to the left. We’re looking for what’s to the left of 12, since 1.96stdv includes 95% of observations, 2.5% remain in each tail, the answer is greater than 2.5% since we are at a bit less than 1.96. It cannot be 1.8%, nor it can be the big ones. It must be A.

map, makes sense… i’d have picked a (only because I got -1.8 as the z score, i knew CFA has put 1.8% as a trick choice. hence i’d have gone to pick A) thanks.

Thunder, you should be able to go back in. Go back in like you would take the exam with your pin, etc. and then you can click on Mock 2, it should be under “exam and assessment history”. Then, the “here” in blue will take you to the answers. I can’t send you the answers from at work, sorry.

Thanks a lot amber !

Did it work?

No I haven’t given mock exams yet. I didn’t know about “go back and see the explainations feature”. I was thinking of giving exam this weekend, so that exam questions and concepts are fresh in my mind. But, now I am thinking of giving anytime today or day after. I scored good on schweser book 6. I am just little scared to write exam :frowning:

Oh, I reread your post, now i see what you were asking. I would do it, give you a good range. Really put me in perspective last week to what to work on, as is the same with mock #2. I am happy I did them now vs. closer to the exam. Gave me some time.