problem-solving webinar

Stalla keeps sending me info about free 2+ hour problem-solving webinar with Peter Olinto. Has anyone done it? Is it worth doing?

What does it cost? I have heard Olinto is great.

they say it’s free

Oh. I see that in your original post now. I can’t even get these questions right! If nobody chimes in you might want to try the level III boards.

Olinto is a GOD. Dude is incredible…I hit all of the free Stalla teaser classes each year they put on with him here.

looks great but from what I see its only avail for level 1

akanska, unfortunatelly you are correct. I just followed the link and got disappointed.

I was excited too- hoping for some hands on help w/ swaps and derivative calc’s. Just reviewed that SS last night and I am on the verge of adding it to my quit list.

maybe we should start posting questions here and have our own problem-solving webinar i remember someone posted a 5-page list of concepts for Level I suggested by Stalla in Nov. Supposedly the list contained all major concepts Level I candidates had to know by heart. I wonder if someone has such list for level II.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Don’t quit akanska…there are some really good swap posts on AF - those helped me understand derivatives big time. You should look them over.

akanska Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I was excited too- hoping for some hands on help > w/ swaps and derivative calc’s. Just reviewed > that SS last night and I am on the verge of adding > it to my quit list. Draw a timeline. Once you get it they are pretty easy and you will be hoping for them on the exam. I took awhile for it to click for me, but when it did it stuck.

I feel like a tool b/c I had a pretty solic understanding of them for level 1 at at some point I just “unlearned” it. I’ve noticed that some topics came across really clearly in level 1 schweser, and more complex in level 2- and vise-versa. They present the same material in different ways. I’m sure if I had someone sit in front of me and work through 3 or 4 I’d understand the calculation a billion times better and reading through the stupid notes. I’ll have to check out CFAI text- maybe they clarify better?? just frustrated in general b/c I was scoring 90’s in Q-bank and got a freekin 52% on windsor practice exam.