Problem with CFA Volume 5, Reading 58

Does anyone else have a problem with Reading 58, asset backed sector of the bond market in Volume 5 ? The text in my Level 2 2011 curriculum book is fine up to page 464… Then the pages go back to start again at 433…until they get back to 464, where the next page is 497. There are no EOC qustions for R58 and then page 498 is next which is valuing Mbs in reading 59. very confusing, it’s not as if it wasn’t difficult enough to study these topics without substandard textbooks. Obviously i am about to contact CFA, surely I cannot be the only one with these books?

this chapter should be very much the same as in the 2010 book. Nothing should have changed there… take a look. (i say this since I recognize your name from last year, and I am sorry you did not have the luck with the pass).

Tks Cpk, appreciate your response…I was 70%+ on Fixed income anyhow, failed with band 9, mostly down to getting taken apart by ethics, one of my strongest subjects on the day. Even so, I am slightly surprised CFA are sending out books like this without contacting members directly that there is a problem after a few months have passed. cheers.

My volume 5 doesn’t have that problem. Maybe a few got bound incorrectly. (btw, check the shipping carton to see if there are any L1 answer sheets from Lagos.) ifperdition Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Does anyone else have a problem with Reading 58, > asset backed sector of the bond market in Volume 5 > ? > > The text in my Level 2 2011 curriculum book is > fine up to page 464… > > Then the pages go back to start again at > 433…until they get back to 464, where the next > page is 497. > > There are no EOC qustions for R58 and then page > 498 is next which is valuing Mbs in reading 59. > > very confusing, it’s not as if it wasn’t difficult > enough to study these topics without substandard > textbooks. > > Obviously i am about to contact CFA, surely I > cannot be the only one with these books?

Just bringing this back nearer the top of the forum for the weekday crowd. It would be a good idea to check the pages in your copy of Volume 5 to see if you have the problem, especially if you haven’t got as far as Fixed Income yet or those studying L2 for the first time and don’t have the benefit of last years books. cheers.