Hi guys may I please seek some advise on below role. Is this a role in between portfolio management and sales, leaning towards product specialist? How should I prepare for this role? Understanding credit fundamentals or bonds pricing mechanism (e.g. convexity/duration) or bonds investment strategy such as carry trades, barbell trades, etc? I wanted to prepare more on the technicals. I lack a bit of experience with FI Index, anyone can give some colour on this product?
The position holders will be focusing primarily on the commercialization, growth and development of our Fixed income products - HY credits and Fixed Income Index
- Support senior team members and internal sales channels by disseminating information and data regarding our Funds and products and answer questions pertaining to broader markets
- Write market/investment commentaries for investors, shareholders, current clients and prospects
- Thought leadership / white paper creation: working closely with investment and distribution partners, the successful candidate will support the production of thought pieces for clients
- Oversee, coordinate and/or participate in updating investor performance reporting
- Partner with sales, distribution and marketing teams to assist in fund raising efforts and asset retention across the platform
- Monitor competitive universe: Run Fund analytics/risk metrics versus our competitors, and draft competitive positioning points for our strategies
- Assist with internal projects focused on presenting senior management with business, market and ad hoc updates
- Aspire to become a client-facing strategist. As a technical subject matter expert, bringing fixed income investing expertise to bear and developing a thorough understanding of client needs. Engage with both wealth and institutional clients.
- Product Research and Development: work with internal stakeholders to identify gaps in product offering, work with the product groups to prioritize and implement new products and enhancements to existing products.