Productivity

anyone less productive as we approach june 7th?

0%

at work…just want to be at the library right now. Listening to Schweser Audios helps though…

Yup, it’s like the final stages of a marathon and I’m in a world of pain right now…bit of burnout…I’m still waiting for my second wind to kick in as I approach the finish line.

i remember from L2. I studied very hard on the friday before and it was completely worthless come exam time… and I mean completely… i am the camp that has put in serioux time, (north of 400 hours)… and still feel sh**ty about this test… just gotta bang through Ethics, GIPS, AMC, IPS… aside from that I think it’s futile… am I alone on this?

3rd, i probably put in 300 hours or so. I am well prepared comparing to Level 2, that is for sure, but L3 is different ball game. I just cant feel so certain cause of AM

I’m pretending to do work - and I’m even failing at that.

Totally agree with you comp_sci_kid. AM is what is scaring me. I should be ok on the PM. AM is where one can get seriously stuck or have ones mind draw a blank.

I feel more comfortable with the AM section…the PM section doesn’t look too bad either. As an ER analyst, we’re good at BS-ing our way to explain something, so I’m hoping that those skills will come into play when there’s something that pops up in the AM section that I can’t answer.

3rd - Im totally in your boat. Im well 400+ - Ive read CFAI twice, taken notes, read Schweser SS, worked the problems, taken tests. Read sh*t offline (Portable alpha for example…)… I feel like I know 30% of it… It took me 5+ hours yesterday to do a 3 hr test. Part of it was I didnt want to friggen read it - Im SICK of this crud. And like CSK said in another post, I fluffled off important information in a question - my eyes are glazing over reading this Sh*t. I see like three four paragraphs and slightly different format, I want to vomit…

I’ve studied over 400 hours too. Hope it pays off in the end.

I also have over 400 HRs…I hope it helps my ballot at Cooperstown!!!

I have spent 400+ hours which I will never ever get back. I think the CFA program has shortened my life expectancy (not life span - because we don’t know that in advance).

not sure how they come up with the 250 hours. By the time you read all the books once it has to be close to that and then you need to tack on review problems etc. This exam is one killer. Lets hope we all pass this time around.

pimp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I have spent 400+ hours which I will never ever > get back. I think the CFA program has shortened > my life expectancy (not life span - because we > don’t know that in advance). I wish I could insure my exam score with a hedge. Joey does do odds I know…

wjj83 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > not sure how they come up with the 250 hours. By > the time you read all the books once it has to be > close to that and then you need to tack on review > problems etc. This exam is one killer. Lets hope > we all pass this time around. The CFAI probably took a poll of everyone who passed and asked them how much they studied and one person out of all of them said 250 hours. The rest said more, so they said you need to study at least 250+ hours to study. The high and low of annual returns is a simple and an acceptable statistical measure for GIPs after all isn’t it? Why can’t they use high low for their own purposes then? :slight_smile: Anyone who did this properly in 250 hours either went to the Evelyn Wood school for speed reading or was like the guy who sat next to me for Level 2. He said he only studied the practice tests before the exam and later I found out he passed (he left the room very early too I can attest). Later I happened to see him chairing a conference panel and in his bio I saw he had a lot of quality finance degrees already. No wonder it was a breeze for him! For each person it is different is my point.

I’ve studied about 340+ and have used almost exclusively Schweser and like you Data_Monkey feel like I know about 30% of the material. The 250 hour recommendation is a joke… Averaging about 64% on PMs and 50 (give or take 5 pts) on AMs. I just wanna pass so I can use my couch for something other than a bookshelf and go see “Iron Man” before it leaves the big screen.

mmeridith Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’ve studied about 340+ and have used almost > exclusively Schweser and like you Data_Monkey feel > like I know about 30% of the material. > > The 250 hour recommendation is a joke… > > Averaging about 64% on PMs and 50 (give or take 5 > pts) on AMs. > > I just wanna pass so I can use my couch for > something other than a bookshelf and go see “Iron > Man” before it leaves the big screen. I think you’ll be OK. I studied more and my scores in the same range, so you could say our fate will be similar. Since I’m gonna pass, so will you!!!

Overconfidence trap. Lol. :slight_smile: CFA_Halifax Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > I think you’ll be OK. I studied more and my > scores in the same range, so you could say our > fate will be similar. Since I’m gonna pass, so > will you!!!

knew someone would catch it. 3 pts pimp