Professional Conduct Program at CFA Institute

After I registered for L3 last week, I received an email from Professional Conduct Program at CFA Institute. Basically they denied my application to become a canadidate for 2009 because on the Professional Conduct Inquiry I had “yes” for question #1 (you know you are supposed to have 8 "no"s for all the inquiries). I am not really sure how it happened, but it was definitely a mistake. I wrote them back and appealed for their decision of denial…hopefully they will correct it for me. Does anyone have the similar thing happened before? I do not want to be screwed just by this dumb mistake…

why should you not be screwed for your dumb mistake?

maybe because he had a slip of the pen or possibly misread of the question that in no way makes him unethical. why should you take time out of your day to make an nonconstructive, pointless a-hole comment to a stranger on the internet?

lingmao Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > After I registered for L3 last week, I received an > email from Professional Conduct Program at CFA > Institute. Basically they denied my application to > become a canadidate for 2009 because on the > Professional Conduct Inquiry I had “yes” for > question #1 (you know you are supposed to have 8 > "no"s for all the inquiries). I am not really > sure how it happened, but it was definitely a > mistake. > > I wrote them back and appealed for their decision > of denial…hopefully they will correct it for me. > Does anyone have the similar thing happened > before? I do not want to be screwed just by this > dumb mistake… i accientally forgot to click on No on one question and left it blank last year, and they corrected it for me. shouldn’t be a problem.

budfox427, thanks…it makes me feel a bit better. Mistakes happen to everyone.

on one of my previous registrstion I also had some 'mistakes and oversights and they sorted me out. i did not signed my form and did not tick some of the boxes. it is unlikely you will be messed up because of this. take a breath

Feel a bit comfort now:) Thanks.

Somewhat similar. I was named in an arbitration when I was a broker about 7 years ago. It was a ridiculous complaint and I was completely cleared of everything, but I had to disclose it on my PCS to submit my application for the charter. My application has been in limbo for like 8 weeks. I have about 8 years of relevant work experience and none has been accepted. The entire application seems to be screwed up. I don’t want to take over your post, but maybe JoeyD could help me??

One of my (now ex) colleagues accidently clicked all the boxes to ‘yes’ instead of no. He received a notice and it was changed. Won’t be a problem.