Progress So Far

Hi All,

Was just wondering where everyone is on their progress for studying for level II.

I’m curious because I fell behind due to a large amount of time spent on interviewing/preparation the past couple of months in trying to transition into a front office role from operations. (Finally landed a role in investment research)

Unfortunately though, now I am behind and just finished the material. I now have only a week and a half left to review/do practice tests so i am not feeling too good about the exam on the 7th.

Any advice on how I should go about these next 9 days until the exam? Thankfully, I took off work in the new position next week so I have that at least.

Anyone else in the same boat?

This should help.

http://www.300hours.com/blog/the-last-minute-guide-how-to-cram-for-the-cfa-exams#.U4ZH8nwayc0

Congrats on the front office move.

I would just do as many practice problems as possible and go back and review the text on any topics you have issues with.

i dont feel like studying anymore, but then i get guilty when i don’t study.

to answer your question though, i’ve got one more mock left, and then i will probably re do CFAI’s first mock, besides that i will be going through my problem areas, derivatives, RI, then the ****ty areas that can bite you in the ass like the diff hedge fund strategies, gamma delta etc., and then another touch up of economics, and the last day will be light revision; the notes that i’ve made doing the mocks and Qbank.

I’ve done about 5 mocks, scoring mid 70s but i try to make the most of the revision by not only addressing the problem areas but looking at the qs i scored correct and thinking of possible questions they could ask on the subject. I have a few mocks left which i will continue to test / study.

I’ve been through every subject many times, my problem is frustration. Ill trip up on a few questions, curse out the writers for wording the question the way they did, and that mode will be brought forward as i approach another data set.

For those who have been working (myself included) how much has your work suffered?

I’ve done about 5 mocks, scoring mid 70s but i try to make the most of the revision by not only addressing the problem areas but looking at the qs i scored correct and thinking of possible questions they could ask on the subject. I have a few mocks left which i will continue to test / study.

I’ve been through every subject many times, my problem is frustration. Ill trip up on a few questions, curse out the writers for wording the question the way they did, and that mode will be brought forward as i approach another data set.

For those who have been working (myself included) how much has your work suffered?

You seem to be doing great man, those scores are pretty solid. I did couple of mocks and scored high 60s but nowhere mid 70s.

From what I have been told by the forum, do mocks and focus on weak areas. Try to get decent scores in large sections.

I sent you a message, can you please check, BCass88?

Good luck.

I’m so fed up with studying and I know it’s gonna be 50/50 whether I pass or not. Maybe even 40/60 who the F knows. Depends which way the wind blows and what they decide to test on and how good my “guessing” skills are.

Haha, I feel the same, but I’m still sticking with it. I’m so behind that I’m just starting practice questions/tests this weekend. I figured if not this year, it will be easier to do next year. I’m thinking I have a 25% chance at passing only because I havent had enough time to review with the interviewing I have been doing the past 6 months.