progress till 01/21/12....

Now we have approximately 4 months and some days left for the test, and I just barely started. Is there anyone else who just barely started? I finished study session 7 from the schweser book, and thats it.

I need some motivation, so please write your accomplishments and make me feel lazy…

Bipin.

I am in the same boat as you i just started and finished study session 7. Going to have to study a lot to catch up to the rest of the people on here.

I started around 10 days ago and i finished session 1 and will probably finish session 2 by tomorrow this is doing the questions of the concept checkers.

I started with QM SS2 and now i’m in the last reading of SS4 Economics, Feeling very behind.

you are not behind!!! I’m starting study session 5 tomorrow, and will start accounting by next week. A lot of the later sections such as alternative investments are barely emphasized on the exam, so those last few study sessions you will run through relatively quickly. accounting will take sometime to do though.

hi all, even i started studying now, please guide as which subject i should do 1st Thanx.

Are you doing them in order? How long did it take you to get to session 5? I have been studying for 11 days and i just started Session 3

well i was still in college last semester when i started studying for the CFA level 1, i was doing part time studying, left on a long vacation after finishing college (which i needed). i left off at reading 9. started studying again on jan 10. so it has been 13 days and i just finished reading 17 today. for the first two days though i reviewed some of what i learned in quant methods just get refresh what i learned before i left.

Now I have finished study sessions 7 and 2. So i would say it takes about 7 days to finish a study session.

Four months is plenty of time if you lock down and get things in gear.

Done with 3 readings from quants and currently in the middle of ethics…I have plans to study with the curriculum and finish up the readings by March 30 (derivatives might be left) and then spend the last 2 months on reviweing with schweser along with the mocks and Qbanks…well it sounds crazy but I guess I need to spend 35 hrs/week to wrap up curriculum readings in about 60 days…any comments?

You’re doing great. Keep up the good work. I began studying on January 9th. I have began study session 4 and anticipate to be done with econ in about 2 weeks and then moving on to FRA. I agree that 4 months is more than enough time if you bring your-A game and manage your time wisely.

I started during the last week of December and have finished Ethics, Quant, and the first two Econ study sessions. I haven’t found any of it to be too difficult yet, but I’ll be starting financial reporting by the end of the week, which I’ve heard sucks…

starting FRA today, wish me luck…

Done with economics. Finished the first SS of FRA Is it normal that I don’t remember most of the things from Economics :expressionless: ?

Done with Ethics, Quant, and 5/6 of Econ. Will finish Econ this week. Starting FRA next week.

by the time you finish with all the readings, you will not remember most of the material. practice questions will help you review most of the things you forgot. Note: it’s much easier to relearn forgotten info than to learn for the first time.

by the time you finish with all the readings, you will not remember most of the material. practice questions will help you review most of the things you forgot. Note: it’s much easier to relearn forgotten info than to learn for the first time.

Thank you! You made me feel much better now, Hope I finish on time to have a month for review,