Public Lookup of CFA's

FYI: When I paid my dues, it asked if I wanted to be included in a public search for holders of the CFA designation. It said it was coming late 2009.

Same here I said yes . I guess this is one way to verify if you actually are a member of a society or not .

Except if charterholders can opt out, then you’ll never know if the person you’re searching for is a fraud or just someone who opted out.

Not sure why you would want to opt out…

Same reason I’m not in the phone book - if you don’t know me well enough to find me, I don’t want you to find me. I have never gotten a phone call from someone who found me in a directory where I actually ended up being glad the person called.

Hear you…but it sounds like it just confirms your name and CFA designation w/o contact info…sort of like FINRA does to verify broker…

You guys realize it’s already in place the information? Maybe this is for your local society?

PtrainerNY Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > You guys realize it’s already in place the > information? > > Maybe this is for your local society? what’s the website?