Punting anything?

Quick poll What concepts/areas are you saying “eff it” to? My memory bank is about full right now. Saying “eff it” to a lot of the commodity forwards and futures reading.

Interest rate swaps and performance appraisal.

IPS.

skillionaire Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > IPS. HA! let’s hope it’s not on the exam, right?

DC Zanini Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > skillionaire Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > IPS. > > > HA! let’s hope it’s not on the exam, right? Got my fingers crossed.

RRTTLLU

portfolio management and fixed income.

I know a little bit of everything. It’s not about me punting it, it about me able to recall concepts in the exam under that pressure. End result is the same - you lose marks.

Effective beta Black Litterman

I wanted to punt effective loan interest, but for some reason think it will show up and finally got through it. ugh…

DoubleDip Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I wanted to punt effective loan interest, but for > some reason think it will show up and finally got > through it. ugh… Is this from the options deriv section? When you get the FV of an option and then calc the interest on the loan?

Slash Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Effective beta > > Black Litterman All you need to know about Black Litterman is that it results in well diversified portfolios, and it combines market opinion with an analyst’s own opinions.

boston21 - yes.

punting BRICs, methinks.

WACC calculations, 2 bond hedge calculations,

don’t punt 2 bond hedge! it’s easy and could show up on multiple choice. at the bare minimum, know that you can use this strategy to hedge MBS

punting swaps…again. I’m SOL if they ask us to find the PV of a swap and who owes the payment…takes too much time for a 3 pt question.

Qualitative GIPS