Punting Certain Subjects

Due to the fact that our time is limited and because it impossible to know everything- what area are you planning to ignore? For me, I do not think it will be worth my while to memorize the max profit / loss formulas for the option strategies. If there is a questions on this, I am just going to try to use logic to get to the answer. If only my brain was bigger!!

Famous last words, but I don’t see why you have to remember those strategies. You can easily plug and chug if it’s item set. And essay shouldn’t be that bad either. No point in memorizing them.

You’re well off if you have a hang of the logic – possibly there is just one formula, the butterfly spread, which required more than just logic to derive the formula You should know when to use which option strategy, which is more conceptual than derivative

just know what the payoff diagrams look like and you won’t have to memorize any formulas.

double post

just know what the payoff diagrams look like and you won’t have to memorize any formulas.

what the hell just happened?

Lol

Performance evaluation, for 3% it isn’t worth the time and effort.

The problem is nothing is ever 3%. It seems like if they ask you anything, you get a vignette. On level I and II by the time you finish the test you have pretty much touched lightly on all of the curriculum. It seems like for Level III you can finish the test (at least from the samples i’ve taken, including mock)… and have only covered 60% of the curriculum. They go very deep in very narrow subjects, it seems like it is kind of luck based - they either ask you stuff youre strong at or not. I accidentally wrote “tanken” instead of taken when i mentioned the samples… i hope that isn’t foreshadowing.

I wouldn’t completely ignore anything – surely it’s not worth the risk. Gently skate over certain areas, yes, but not totally avoid!

Practice the required return calculations for IPS. This is huge and shows up every year.