Puzzle

330 - 1 498 - 3 896 - 4 541 - 0 687 - ?

thanks for participating!

I’ve wasted the past hour on this… ugh.

I’m trying, but I’ve got nothing.

I was starting to wonder if there really was a solution at all.

There is a solution :slight_smile: I was just wondering how come no one is commenting

Can you tell us the answer?

topher Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Can you tell us the answer? Not yet! Give us a hint first. How many “steps” are involved (i.e. step one: add the first two numbers, step 2: divide the result by the radius of Saturn, etc.)

the answer is so simple even a 5 year old can do it

I got 5… but i think its wrong

just a guess, 2

CF_AHHHHHHHHH Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I got 5… but i think its wrong I did it like this Assume “A” = the first digit of the 3 digit number series Assume “B” = The single digit number we’re solving for Assume “b” = The single digit number from the last period Assume “b0” = The Single digit number from the first period so B = A - b - b0 then: Starting in the third period you have B = 8 - 3 - 1 = 4 next period B = 5 - 4- 1 = 0 Final period B = 6 - 0 - 1 = 5 So the answer is 5 according to my jank theory

CF_AHHHH it is incorrect

damn…

comp_sci_kid Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > the answer is so simple even a 5 year old can do > it Damn, I thought it was bad that I’m not as smart as a 5th Grader and now I’m not even as smart as a 5 year old.

I think if you’re going to guess, you need to provide an explanation for your guess.

How about just one hint now.

Where is Supreme111/Pixel, aka the smartest man alive?

for instance: 4 + 9 + 8 = 21 6 + 8 + 7 = 21