PV of a CFA Charter?

If you were to guess what the dollar value of a CFA Charter is worth, in terms of future earnings, job opportunities, recognition, and the paper it’s printed on…what would you say? Probably a better question: If you hadn’t done L1, L2, or L3…what would you pay for a CFA Charter today? $5000? $25,000? $75,000

I don’t like these questions - why are you asking this?

(just wondering - not trying to be mean or anything)

1150$ for my subscription + books… 500$ for my Schweser… 900$ for the prep courses… Total: 2550$ What would I pay in may for my life back? Now that’s the question… J.

What is the PV of 700 hours in a gym? Im not too sure, but im sure it’s come in the shape of a slim brunette with a nice smile…why am i wasting these hours on study?..i guess attractive girls like money too…hmmmm

100 million zimbabwe

I have a negative NPV

mcpass Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I have a negative NPV Same here, hence the reason I posed the question…plus the opportunity cost of 700+ hours sitting in the local library. I always hear from other CFA’s that “once your done, it’ll be worth it”…after L2, that remains to be seen. Perhaps the three letters after my name on a resume will keep my resume out of the HR managers garbage can.

It is not going to change anything, son.

It doesn’t open doors, it keeps them open just long enough for you to have a chance of making it in the door. It comes down to running speed.

Fremantle Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > What is the PV of 700 hours in a gym? Im not too > sure, but im sure it’s come in the shape of a slim > brunette with a nice smile…why am i wasting > these hours on study?..i guess attractive girls > like money too…hmmmm I always feel sorry for these guys…you have no idea

this is a dumb discussion

I’ll give it the doughnut…just like GM