PVBP

what is the PVBP for a bond that has a face of 1,000 with a duration of 5.42? 30 seconds

PVBP= 0.0001x Pox De=0.0001(1000)(5.42)= 0.54

nice strange, your on the ball when it comes to FI!

getterdone Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > nice strange, your on the ball when it comes to > FI! Thanks, however I am at work and I cannot write a lot of explanation! :slight_smile: “This weekend will be a CFA rave no-stop studying”

same with me, you work in canada or us?

getterdone Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > same with me, you work in canada or us? uk :slight_smile: what about u?

Canada all the way UK has the most sophisticated banking system in the world! you should do fine on the exam :wink:

getterdone Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Canada all the way > > UK has the most sophisticated banking system in > the world! > > you should do fine on the exam :wink: lol. I got a couple of canadian friends here…so monday will be a full time study day! :slight_smile:

the UK! so you guys are the ones that tend to use the payback period as opposed to NPV then right?!?! jk

SkipE99 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > the UK! so you guys are the ones that tend to use > the payback period as opposed to NPV then > right!!! > > jk LOL! I this it is just a bull&*£*. I always used the NPV.

.54 One bps = .0001

btw, I read a question in Schweser, conclusion being that if you use payback period, most probably you are european and with an undergrad or lower level of education:)))) I guess that NPV stuff and IRR is for the elite educated=))