Pzena crushed

wow, had no idea the guy was pounded so hard: WSJ reports: “Re: WM, LEH, …the biggest holder of these ailing financial stocks is the $3.3 billion John Hancock fund, overseen by managers including Rich Pzena. It has already been heavily tarred for its mistakes, and this year owned five of the 10 troubled stocks. They made up 17% of the fund in January and 12% most recently. That’s a large reason Pzena Investment Management has lost half its assets in the past year, sliding to about $15 billion by some estimates. The fund has slid 47% in 2008.” john hancock funds and of course Bil Miller also noted…

This is great. I remember a long discussion on Pzena awhile back and people saying how he was going to come out a big champ in this…I am not one to bash peoples bad choices or mistrades, but man oh man…

How do people come back from 50% losses? has that ever been done?

that’s funny, on friday I ran a performance comparison in evestment comparing our Large Cap Value product to Pzena’s. It was a beautiful thing :slight_smile: My director will be taking that information to a major prospect meeting next week :slight_smile:

virginCFAhooker Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > How do people come back from 50% losses? It’s simple - make 100% > has > that ever been done? John Henry has done it with some of his funds.