Q-bank and CFAI questions

Does anybody else d that the Q-bank questions this year are not as useful as the CFAI EOC questions? I’m debating if I should do a review of the CFAI questions or continue on with Q-bank. Thoughts?

Do the Qbank. EOC questions are way too lengthy and overly complicated.

Is this like a joke thread? Do both, but if you’re picking one, the CFAI, I would estimate is roughly 1.96785 billion times more important than Qbank… I would say the statement “you must do every single CFAI question” would not be out of bounds of reality…

No, this isn’t a joke thread. I actually already did all of the CFAI questions. My issue is do I review the CFAI questions for a 2nd time or go into Q-bank and hit up my weak spots. Makes sense now?

inbead Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Do the Qbank. EOC questions are way too lengthy > and overly complicated. This is how I feel.

kellyc319 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > No, this isn’t a joke thread. I actually already > did all of the CFAI questions. My issue is do I > review the CFAI questions for a 2nd time or go > into Q-bank and hit up my weak spots. Makes sense > now? Lolz, ok makes more sense now, I was like “who the hell gets to level 3 and doesn’t know they have to do EOC’s?” The key there is the ‘second time’ phrase… I’m finishing my first pass at eocs probably mid week…i already did all schweser also - I’m going to try to do qbank every day, then refer back to eocs as I mess up… Also gonna do CFA sample exams and essays and use EOC’s to fix broke spots… Last, I think I’m going to use EOC’s for my “secret sauce” by reading through them to review topics, since they sort of represent the "meat’ of what CFAI is testing on… Hope it works…

Rolo550 …Thanks for the 2 cents. Actually, I’ve never really bothered with CFAI EOC questions in the past 2 levels. I’ve always counted on Schweser concept checkers and hit Qbank quite heavily. However, this year…i decided to try out EOC and then when I did Qbank found that it is way too easy. I think I will take your advice and maybe do EOC again.

I have answered all of the CFAI EOC and Schweser EOC questions except GIPS. I have also completed 50% of every section in QBank, again except for GIPS. My approach: After reading every chapter I would complete Schweser EOC, then CFAI EOC and finish up with QBank. Scores Schweser ~75% CFAI ~65% Q Bank 81% (advanced, intermediate and easy) For me QBank is more of a concept checker with a bit of Schweser EOC difficulty level questions thrown in. I like it because it helps to reinforce the basic concepts and calculations. I however am not going to do any more Q Bank questions because it does not help with the essay portion. My plan was to complete 50% of all QBank sections. I am going to redo as many of the CFAI non multiple choice questions I can fit in over the next 2 weeks before heading to Windsor. After Windsor I will be reviewing my homemade flashcards, CFAI EOCs and taking practice exams. This is my first attempt at L3 exam.

Great job holden. you are almost there

Holden - we share similar approaches. I think I am going to hold off on Q-bank for now and review CFAI EOC questions. Sometimes you know what the right thing to do is but you just got to hear it from someone else :slight_smile: No easy way around this i guess…

Qbank isn’t bad. I’d mostly focus on the advanced questions as these will constitute vignettes. Beware though, some questions are just flat out incorrect and/or unrealistic. Ex/ I seriously doubt CFAI is going to expect you to know where the valueline index is based geographically and schweser also screws up on saying foundations are taxed (only private foundations are taxed so this question is not complete). The shortcomings are minor when considering how many questions are available, so on a net basis I’d its worth it.