Q on Additional Compensation

Say a research associate is working as a part time waitress. Do she need to get approvale from her employer? I guess not since its not competing againt his employer’s business. Am I right? THnaks.

no, you aren’t right. Lets say that this associate is working late night hours (which you’d probably have to assume if she is working during the day). She would likely be very tired the next day, and this job would have a negative impact on her research job. As such, she would have a duty to her employer to disclose this under CFA standards.

how about a guy is working as a soccer coach on weekend? Does he need approval?

if it conflicts with his primary job in terms of time commitment, then yes, he must disclose. but if his offices are closed on weekends, and he is just utilizing his free weekend time, then no need to disclose.

Eastview Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Say a research associate is working as a part time > waitress. Do she need to get approvale from her > employer? I guess not since its not competing > againt his employer’s business. Am I right? > THnaks. With insufficient information such as above, she should disclose and let the employer decide whether this part this job affects her primary job responsibility