QBank questions vs doing practice tests of different providers

Just wondering by just listening to the comments about the Qbank not being as challenging and having a lot system problems if its better for me to buy different practice tests from different providers to get variety. Any thoughts?

I just bought Passmaster, from Stella, and am waiting on that to arrive. I didn’t use any supplementary material for Level I so this is a first for me. Does any one have any thoughts on how effective and relevant Passmaster is? Thanks

I’m using passmaster (i’ve been doing the stalla system after having read up to reading 40 in CFAI.) Passmaster is good IMO, but there is no replacement for CFAI questions. I mean they write the test, so i would imagine their questions are the best proxy of the exam…they were for level 1.

bayofpigs Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Just wondering by just listening to the comments > about the Qbank not being as challenging and > having a lot system problems if its better for me > to buy different practice tests from different > providers to get variety. > > Any thoughts? I’m using Qbank. Plan on completing all the questions, then moving on to end of chapter questions. Qbank is a very straight forward tool. It helps you drill the concepts. No one should expect difficult questions, just do them and review the answers at the end. Seems to work for me. Of course this was for level 1. We’ll see if this strategy works for LII

I think the website that offered differences between 2009-2010 curriculum also offered practice questions for level 2

www.finquiz.com there you go

Zain - any idea on where those qns are from?

I’m not sure about the source of their questions but I just bought the FSA study sessions (for testing purpose) and have to admit that I’m quite pleased with the quality and the coverage! will e-mail as to who these guys are

Zain Zafar, are you Daniel G Mazzolla?

haha no i’m not a level II candidate. I was done through level III in 2009 :smiley:

i don’t have the qbank nor the passmaster. but i thinking of practicing with CFAI EOC questions - you think that’s enough or i better buy some sections from finquiz?

You should definitely practice EOC questions (item sets specifically)! They’re the closest to the actual exam. As for buying from finquiz, i recently bought FSA study sessions to test their quality. If you have enough time in hand, it can be a nice supplement.

When you say QBank do you mean the Schweser online questions? Are they different from the printed Practice Exam books?

QBank is the desktop (offline) version of the Schweser’s online questions. Both contain identical set of questions. And yes, they’re different from the printed exam books