QBank - Realistic?

Hi, I used the passmaster last year, so I’m somewhat unfamiliar with the QBank… For those repeat L2’ers, are the questions in the QBank about the same difficulty level as the exam? I have started to practice using the easy, medium and hard difficulty levels combined, will my score on the exam look like my results here? Thanks

Qbank is only a review tool and an aide in your preparation, much like Passmaster is. None of them is going to simulate what you would see in the actual exam. Higher your score in Passmaster and/or QBank - and on a consistent basis - it means a higher confidence you can set on yourself being able to tackle the questions on actual exam day better.

I used passmaster during level I… At the end, I would get about 70% on both the passmaster simulated tests and the CFAI practise tests… So, it was pretty accurate… Is QBank this realistic for L2? I get the impression that the questions may be too easy with the QBank…

so far, the qbank questions seem too easy for L2. on the other hand, i may be smarter this time around.

Any other comments?

wrong thread

you’ll score higher on q-bank than you will practice exams and the real thing. if you want to do a big test of all “difficult” and do just item sets, maybe you get closer to the real thing, but for L2 I think q-bank as cpk and others have said is more a tool of reinforcement and less test-like in terms of the questions. book 6 is decent. the CFAI mocks/samples are very realistic, but i hate how you can’t see the questions and answers and really get a full review from them w/o violating ethical standards. end of chapter CFAI item sets, again, very realistic. i wouldn’t worry much about your q-bank score now. just use it to learn. maybe in may care about what kind of scores you’re throwing up there, but not now.

bannisja Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > you’ll score higher on q-bank than you will > practice exams and the real thing. if you want to > do a big test of all “difficult” and do just item > sets, maybe you get closer to the real thing, but > for L2 I think q-bank as cpk and others have said > is more a tool of reinforcement and less test-like > in terms of the questions. book 6 is decent. the > CFAI mocks/samples are very realistic, but i hate > how you can’t see the questions and answers and > really get a full review from them w/o violating > ethical standards. end of chapter CFAI item sets, > again, very realistic. i wouldn’t worry much > about your q-bank score now. just use it to > learn. maybe in may care about what kind of > scores you’re throwing up there, but not now. I actually am doing ALOT better on the CFAI item sets than I am with the q-bank questions…I have found that q-banks incorporates a lot more qualitative concepts than quantitative versus the CFAI questions. I am hoping that this is more how the actual exam is as I am more numbers oriented. This could be a cause of concern for me at the next level, however… best, TheChad

there won’t be many numericals in exam except Equities and some part of FSA. Most of the questions will be qualitative.

cfaboston28 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > there won’t be many numericals in exam except > Equities and some part of FSA. Most of the > questions will be qualitative. Awesome! thanks for the boost of confidence Best, TheChad

is there a way to create tests with just item sets? i’m sure there is, but I’ve been studying all weekend and my brain is pretty much fried at this point.

Use only advanced questions.