Qbank Score reliability

I have not used Qbank for Level-1 and started using for Qbank and getting the score somewhere around 70+. It would be helpful, if you let me know 1)How reliable Qbank score compared to real exam 2) How everyone is scoring (if you are using QBank)

I would say Q.bank just help checking basic understandings.

I don’t think a Q-Bank score would be a reliable indicator at all.

Qbank isn’t a reliable score. I just personally think it helps in remembering the concepts. I’m qbanking the whole thing, then EOC and then finally all the mock exams I could get. For level 1, it worked a charm as I went from 50 on mocks to 75 average but that’s just how I learn things. I can’t answer questions if I don’t feel I have the basics nailed.

I think as long as one is scoring around 60% on the Qbank across topics, one has a fair shot at passing the final thing. That said, exceptions will always be around and you could find people who score in the 90s!

I think the vignette system means that QBank wont be that reliable of an indicator

Solidify concepts :slight_smile:

Good for drilling home the concepts if you have the time. There are SOME vignette type questions, but mostly stand-alone questions.

as i’m getting a little more comfortable with vignettes, i dont think its that huge of a deal. Seems like you can generally identify where in the question you need to go to pick up the data you need to solve problems. maybe i’m naive, but i’m not seeing vignettes as being that big a deal vs. stand alone questions.

smileygladhands Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > as i’m getting a little more comfortable with > vignettes, i dont think its that huge of a deal. > Seems like you can generally identify where in the > question you need to go to pick up the data you > need to solve problems. > > maybe i’m naive, but i’m not seeing vignettes as > being that big a deal vs. stand alone questions. I have commented on this before, but the vignettes to me weren’t that big of a deal. (this is my second pass @ L2). Sure, there are more opportunity for them to sneak in “short” instead of long on a forward contract or something, but in general all in all a vignette is just a collection of individual information for questions that they somehow weave into a narrative. In other words, vignette or no, its information for 6 isolated questions that aren’t based on one another. I don’t think the question format is really all that much different from L1 save the narrative. I don’t think a 75% on Qbank translates to 75% on the CFA exam, but suffice it to say if you’re killing Qbank, you are probably ok on the exam. I’m shooting for 80’s in qbank consistently while doing EOC questions to try to focus on what is important to the CFAI and the areas I’m weakest. I can say from experience the material in the EOC’s correlates somewhat closely to what you will face on the exams. Qbank is a great indicator of what you dont know or need to re-cover (IMO). Don’t let vignette scare ya.

rolo550 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > smileygladhands Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > I can say from experience the material in the > EOC’s correlates somewhat closely to what you will > face on the exams. > I’ve been thinking this a lot recently, study everything but drill in on only what they actually ask questions on in the real CFAI readings.