Qbank

Ok, I know everyone hates these types of questions but I was looking for some insight. I used Qbank for L1 and found it really helpful. I got it again for L2 and it was a complete waste of money. Does anyone have an opinion on its usefulness for L3?

Yeah. QBANK L1 = PASS QBANK L2 = PASS QBANK L3 = FAIL Don’t use any Schweser products for L3 - it will put you at a severe disadvantage. Start early, and study judiciously using the CFAI texts. I will be doing so, and hoping to pass L3 on my second attempt in June 2012. Cheers, Nigel

I passed L3 using Schweser and believe Qbank is helpful but only as a supplement. When I caught a few minutes of downtime at work it was a great way to reinforce concepts and keep you thinking about difficult concepts. That said, using qbank as your sole source of testing concepts is a big mistake as Level 3 questions couldn’t be any different than Qbank. If cost isn’t an issue, I’d still use Qbank but be aware of it’s shortcomings…

128nigel Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Yeah. > > QBANK L1 = PASS > QBANK L2 = PASS > QBANK L3 = FAIL > > Don’t use any Schweser products for L3 - it will > put you at a severe disadvantage. > > Start early, and study judiciously using the CFAI > texts. I will be doing so, and hoping to pass L3 > on my second attempt in June 2012. > > Cheers, > Nigel :rolleyes: Don’t use anything but Schweser products for L3 - it will put you at a severe disadvantage.

I used it after finishing up readings as a way to memorize material, but NOT as a way to practice for the exam in terms of question format or difficulty.

picnic Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I used it after finishing up readings as a way to > memorize material, but NOT as a way to practice > for the exam in terms of question format or > difficulty. +1. I finished using it by April and I thought it was a good product. Of note, the results from the 2011 candidiate survey came out a few days ago: http://www.cfainstitute.org/Survey/candidate_survey_report_june_2011.pdf It’s interesting to see the people who failed spent a greater percentage of time with the CFA texts then those who passed. And the reverse is true for third party study notes. Granted, it’s for all three levels.

team_alex Wrote: > Of note, the results from the 2011 candidiate > survey came out a few days ago: > http://www.cfainstitute.org/Survey/candidate_surve > y_report_june_2011.pdf Interesting survey!

I would like to see a breakdown by level for the survey. I dont know how you can compare LI to LIII.

It depends on how you learn. I can’t just sit and read and absorb. I need to be tested to make myself realise what I know and what I don’t. So Qbank works for me although it does have deficiencies i.e. too many simple questions. However, even those are useful for just drilling home the stuff IMHO.

Thanks all, I really appreciate the feedback. I think I am going to end up buying it. Good Luck!