QM second part between t-student, z-something...

we had 3 choices but I didn’t know about the other 3 choices… t-score…???

I don’t remember this one, but there was one with parametric and non-parametric test. non-normal with small sample size - para/non-para Ranked data large sample size - para/non-para I went with para/non-para ??

I believe it was t-, z-, chi-, and f- And if I remember correctly, I believe I picked Chi-

yes it should be Chi, it was about single sample variance

hmm i thought it was non-par / par… as parametric is for a group of something like bonds with multiple issues and what not… right? or am i confused

Yeah … Chi on the t, z, chi, F

unlucky! I answered t I remember also about the parametric… But no idea. :frowning:

ranked is definitely non-parametric for the other one, because it was non-normal, and a small sample size, you can’t use a t or z test. As a result, I think that one is non as well.

willispierre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ranked is definitely non-parametric > for the other one, because it was non-normal, and > a small sample size, you can’t use a t or z test. > As a result, I think that one is non as well. I don’t agree, you cannot use t or z for small sample non-normal only if variance is unknown. However if you know sample variance you can use z-,t- for non-normal distributions with small sample sizes. Given the non-normal, small sample size --> you can calculate variance and use t- test

nope, you can’t. if its non-normal and you know the variance, you can use a z-test with a large sample, or you can use t-test if you don’t know the variance with a large sample. If you have a small sample, and a non-normal distribution you can’t use either of them. check out pg 310 of book 1 if you have schweser.

wasn’t it nonparametric test for small sample size for non-normal because the parametric tests are the t, z, f, and chi…the non-parametric are far more complicated.

Great ! I am down with one more