Qualifying Experience?

Please Advise, Below are two positions that I am wondering about for the CFA qualifying experience. If they do not qualify, would they be good stepping stones? 1. Interest Rate Risk Reporting Analyst An opportunity exists for a meticulous, analytical, competent individual who will be responsible for the development, implementation, and maintenance of interest rate risk information to be used to measure against internal volatility limits and as input to investment and/or strategic business decisions. This includes interaction with the line areas of the banks and data processing regarding conversions/improvements and ongoing maintenance to the underlying systems and procedures. Additional responsibilities include: -Maintain and utilize Sendero financial modeling software to produce and analyze interest rate risk. This is presented and summarized in the form of interest rate sensitivity or gap, income projection/simulation, and market value reports. -Create and automate spreadsheets and relational databases to improve flexibility and expediency of interest rate risk reports. -Create and/or maintain documentation of procedures as they relate to generating interest rate risk reports. This includes procedure overview information as well as step by step procedures to be followed to complete a process. -Design processes as needed to provide specialized reports as requested by senior management. Required skills: -Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or equivalent experience -Up to two years related work experience -Demonstrated problem solving ability -Effective verbal and written communication skills -Good end user computer skills -Good organization skills -Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines 2. Financial Analyst – Treasury Services An opportunity exists for a meticulous, analytical individual who will be responsible for the development, implementation, and maintenance of interest rate risk information to be used to measure against internal volatility limits and as input to investment and/or strategic business decisions. Additional responsibilities include: -Maintain and utilize IPS-Sendero financial modeling software to model and analyze interest rate risk. -Analyze the bank’s interest rate risk position and work with the Interest Rate Risk Supervisor and Asset Liability Manager to formulate risk-reduction strategies for presentation to senior management. -Create and automate spreadsheets and relational databases to improve flexibility and expediency of interest rate risk reports. -Analyze and quantify the risk impact of long term debt extensions and MBS purchases. -Analyze and research monthly changes in certificate of deposit portfolio. Research is designed to expose new trends and opportunities/risks in the certificate portfolio. -Attend industry conferences and incorporate “best practices”. Required skills: -Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or equivalent experience -Up to four years related work experience -Demonstrated problem solving ability -Effective verbal and written communication skills -Good end user computer skills -Good organization skills -Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines My friend needs these two positions filled and offered my name at the top of the application list. Both of these positions are in a traditional bank. Please Advise.

I currently have worked in back office for 11 months.

How about I put this another way. Would either of these jobs be better than back office in the long run to PM? Joey, I’m looking your way here!