QUANT; my weak area!!!!!!!!!

ON both L1 and L2 for me, I think there were 2 calculations total. That’s both exams combines. Understand the concepts like maratikus said. The formulas can help you do that in some areas, but if you can just get a grasp of what it is you are doing you will be in better shape than you think.

Budfox, Do you think Schweser is sufficient???

There were way more than 2 calculations, I remember a std dev question, variance question and calculating the std dev of a portfolio. Be ready for about 5 calculations in the morning and afternoon.

Houston_08 anything else you remember??? how crazy did they go with probability (bayes, cheby’s) and hypotethis, sampling statistics… etc

all of you who say Quant is a weak area – post the questions you find tough out here. look at the methodology of solution that people post. go back and read the section if you do not understand the soln. straightaway. Do not hesitate to ask questions. Once you solve a few questions, confidence builds up for you to be able to tackle the next problem yourself. That is the only technique I know of. People saying “it is not such a big deal in the exam” etc. I would tend to discount very strongly. you have 240 questions, you get one more right – you are closer to a better score. “Tiny drops of water make an ocean”. CP

Thanks CPK123!!! I actually got a stats book that breaks everything down perfectly… I will use this in combination with the schweser notes… One thing i do not understand is time-weighted return on a portfolio… i just don’t get that… and how… to convert from yield ( money market to bank basis to hpr to effective). I can compute them individually, but when we’re asked to go back and forth i’m lost.

Dude, If you memorize all the formulas the quant area is not that difficult. You basically just plug numbers in.

dudeinthecity Wrote: > One thing i do not understand is time-weighted > return on a portfolio think of geometric average > how… to convert from yield ( money > market to bank basis to hpr to effective). learn to convert everything to effective annual yield

Ok i’ll try your suggestions