Quants on the 2008 exam

How did they test this topic last year?

SS11 stuff. hypothesis tests and coefficient values and R sq and variance and stuff like that. a lot of people aced it. i was not one of those people.

it was almost TOO L1 that you couldn’t remember some of the formulas that were a must for 1, but supposedly not too imp for 2.

am i the only one who’s annoyed when people say quants opposed to quant? I’m not sure why, though, since i find ethnics/ethics amusing

dspapo Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > am i the only one who’s annoyed when people say > quants opposed to quant? I’m not sure why, > though, since i find ethnics/ethics amusing I thought it meant people who are Quants (for a living), how well did they do on the exam. Like Accountants on the 2008 exam.

projectplatnyc Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > dspapo Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > am i the only one who’s annoyed when people say > > quants opposed to quant? I’m not sure why, > > though, since i find ethnics/ethics amusing > > > I thought it meant people who are Quants (for a > living), how well did they do on the exam. Like > Accountants on the 2008 exam. No worries though.

Not even a full vignette. One of the qns was which econ rule (taylor rule, int rate parity etc) was being tested. Remainder were L1 / basics from L2. Could easily make L2 9much) harder if they wanted…