Question 9 2007 exam Perf Attribution

Does the method they use to calculate each of the returns seem to simple, compared to how it’s presented everywhere else? I mean they are just taking something - something else times the portfolio weights to come up with each of the components (market, currency, and security selection) I want to know why the calc is so simple on the exam but not anywhere else!!!

me too. I am thinking the same way about implementation shortfall. The EOC problems do not utilize the schwesers formulas except for one problem.

That question on 07 is just a decomposition, not an all out attribution where you would compare returns to a benchmark. There’s a big difference.

cdogstu77 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > That question on 07 is just a decomposition, not > an all out attribution where you would compare > returns to a benchmark. There’s a big difference. Yes, of course… a huge difference, which is obvious now that you mention it.

…which leads to a question i’ve had pertaining to global perf attribution: do you think they’d make us compare to the global benchmark? the EOCQ has a couple problems where they ask for this, yet LOS doesn’t suggest that its required