Question about future of my job

Hey guys, I really dont have too many other places to go for job-related topics that I’m hoping some of you could offer some advice. I find that most of my friends,family, coworkers,bosses all have vested interests. I graduated from college in spring of 2007 and I work for a 3-broker nat gas brokerage in New York. The brokers all worked on the floor for over a decade and are real cool guys that I learn a lot from. Its a very niche market with a lot of money pouring in and its exciting meeting some of the traders they know. I do most of the back office stuff, but I have some enjoyment over it because they basically told me they had no idea how to do any of the stuff and it was up to me to figure everything out. Basically, I was working very informally (one of the guys lives around the block from me) for a few months and they made me a pretty legit offer (way more than the work I do could justify). Plus the perks are decent. The problem is that trading will soon be done electronically and thus render us obsolete (this may take .5-1.5 years). At that point theyd give me a good severance and they’d go back to trading nat gas and crude and I really don’t know if they’d have a spot for me. Essentially, its a real volatile position that is changing daily, but its in a real hot market. Compounding the problem is that I don’t know exactly what I want to do, except I enjoy the fast pace of the job. The guys are starting to get a little hostile in wanting an answer since they have so many issues they have to deal with, they want a little closure. I also have another job offer which is low stress but longer term potential. Does anyone have any opinions on this sort of topic? Obviously its an issue i have to eventually solve, but I just don’t know why I’m having such a hard time getting a decision prepared. I really appreciate anyone’s help since I kinda don’t know where else I could find unbiased opinion.

is 2nd job offer in the same field and/or comparable salary?

Take the job you like better, for whatever reasons those are. You will get experience you can sell down the road (at least as much as the other alternative) if you need…

kevinf12 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Take the job you like better, for whatever reasons > those are. You will get experience you can sell > down the road (at least as much as the other > alternative) if you need… Agreed…go for what you like and continue to meet people/network etc. There’s always an exit opp even if it’s not defined…