Question about human resources, seeking advice

So I was offered a position in TP at a Big 4 firm overseas. The job seems fairly interesting, but I dunno if this is something I would want to pursue long-term. Do you think it’s fine to call human resources about the possibility of transferring to TS after a few years? Would this make me seem disinterested in the division I was recruited for, and put me in a negative light in the view of the recruiter? Thanks.

Dont do it. You have a ‘few years’ to make the transition. Get in the door and then move.

Yeah, if you really want to do this, get your foot in the door first. You can always come back later. On another note, how often do you actually find human resources to be useful? Whenever I think of “resources,” I think of something that has a use or some other positive purpose. When I was on the sell-side, I found that human resources usually just bogged me down with unnecessary paperwork or some other bureaucractic mumbo-jumbo. If you ask me, seems like “human resources” might be more appropriately referred to as “human waste of space.”

numi Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > > On another note, how often do you actually find > human resources to be useful? useless. I cant belive some of my MBA friends specialized in this. wussies.

I agree. It seems that they look for the least competent people with negative social skills, no moral values, and dimwits when they hire HR staff. I hate HR.

needhelp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I agree. It seems that they look for the least > competent people with negative social skills, no > moral values, and dimwits when they hire HR > staff. > > I hate HR. +1

Agreed.