Question about previous CFA Exams

I’m wondering what the ‘concensus’ is for good target scores on Practice exams and/or the CFA Essay sections from previous years? What I mean is, in past years I would just lump all sections together and shoot for an overall 70% on my early practice exams heading towards 80-85% on my final practice exams. If I could get over 85% on my final practice exam - I felt it was highly likely I would pass the true exam. With the Level 3 format I’m wondering if people at shooting for two different scores. One for the AM session and a different one for the PM section? Say 60% and 80% - or just lumping them together and shooting for 70%? Thanks for your input, Jerry.

Is the answer really important? You should just shoot for 100%, though inevitably you will fall short.

JLMCFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > With the Level 3 format I’m wondering if people at shooting for two different scores. One for the AM session and a different one for the PM section? Say 60% and 80% - or just lumping them together and shooting for 70%? That’s what I did and think it helps since the AM is so different - it helped me focus more clearly on each section and consider them as independent tests. As for good scores, it varies with everyone but I used the 60/80 breakdown you chose.