Question For JDV

Joey: I’m considering doing the Bike The Beach ride in Fairfield on 9/14 http://www.probusclub.org/bikethebeach/#details You’ve mentioned you’re a biker. Any info on the ride?

Not JDV, but: I believe one of my coworkers is doing this - I can ask him specifics if you have questions.

j-rad Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Not JDV, but: I believe one of my coworkers is > doing this - I can ask him specifics if you have > questions. I’m (depending on how my knees feel that day) doing either the 45 pr 62 miler. FOr either of these: 1) What’s the terrain (rolling hills, steep, etc…) 2) Main roads, bike paths, or secondary roads Thanks

I don’t usually ride in rides that charge me money unless a) it’s a race or b) it’s something pretty unique like “The Assault on Mt Mitchell” or c) I feel like being a bandit and doing it for free. Also, I am okay at peeing off a moving bike so they usually don’t like me there anyway.

JoeyDVivre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Also, I am okay at peeing off a moving bike so > they usually don’t like me there anyway. I think that qualifies as oversharing.

Wow, you ARE a serious biker. I’m not a racer, but I have gone on long tours at times (not in many years, though).

I was a serious bicyclist (10,000 miles/year for many years, III on the roads, IV on the track). Now I am a shell of my former self…

JoeyDVivre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I was a serious bicyclist (10,000 miles/year for > many years, III on the roads, IV on the track). > Now I am a shell of my former self… At least you won’t have to worry about having any more kids.